Retail Merchandiser Resume writing can be considered an entire art form.
Where once it was alright to simply type up a sheet of your “bio data”, it is now considered an employment sin to list just your experience and education.
Resumes of this decade are a little more than simple information on a piece of paper.
To see how comprehensive they have become, take a look at the following sample:
7002 Clearance Avenue | Oak Park, IL 18256 | (666) 355-8541 | brandonpole @ email . com
Tactful, industrious and self-confident individual with over 5 years’ track record of success working in retail merchandising. First-hand experience in planning product ranges and preparing stock plan, liaising with buyers, analysts, store representatives and suppliers to ensure good merchandise flow. A diligent individual with a great focus on providing exceptional customer service. Effectively integrate strategies and build teams to achieve success and profits.
|• Budget Planning||• Visual Merchandising||• Sales Planning|
|• Stock Level Control||• Sales Projections||• Promotion Setting|
|• Trend Analysis||• Delay Management||• Competitive Analysis|
|• Territory Management||• Priorities Review||• Prices Negotiation|
• Introduced the concept of visual merchandising, thereby increasing sales by 65% in 6 months
• Decreased cost of acquiring merchandise by bringing onboard a less expensive supplier
• Successfully predicted slump in sales for the coming quarter, and put in place marketing efforts to counter the effect of low sales
• Bettered quality of products by constantly keeping a watch out for problematic areas regarding retail management
Crossmark, Oak Park, IL | 6/2010 – Present
• Plan and develop merchandising strategies in accordance to the policies and protocols of the store
• Ascertain that all implemented merchandising strategies are in sync with customers’ expectations and company objectives
• Analyze sales figures and market trends in a bid to anticipate product needs and to plan product ranges
• Create and maintain effective liaison with buyers and distributors to negotiate prices and quantities
• Perform visual merchandising work to maximize customers’ interest and sales levels
• Develop layout plans for stores, maintain store shelves and handle inventory
• Forecast sales and profits and plan budgets accordingly, along with determining industry trends
• Utilize market data such as sales trends and rankings to improve placement and retail support
Red Diamond Inc., Oak Park, IL | 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Assisted with routine sales call cycles for existing retail listings
• Provided support in presenting new product introductions and presentations to retail agents or partners
• Assisted in devising merchandising plans based on correct quantities, placement and timeliness
• Devised contracts for suppliers including quality control measures, accuracy of orders and delivery flexibility
• Oversaw inventory of merchandise and ensured that low stock situations were communicated to appropriate personnel
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration – 2010
Oak Park University, Oak Park, IL