Retail Merchandiser Resume writing can be considered an entire art form. Resumes of this decade are a little more than simple information on a piece of paper.
To see how comprehensive they have become, take a look at the following sample:
Retail Merchandiser Resume Sample
7002 Clearance Avenue
Oak Park, IL 18256
brandonpole @ email . com
A tactful, industrious, and self-confident individual with over 5 years of track record of success working in retail merchandising. First-hand experience in planning product ranges, preparing the stock plan, and liaising with buyers, analysts, store representatives, and suppliers to ensure good merchandise flow. A diligent individual with a great focus on providing exceptional customer service. Effectively integrate strategies and build teams to achieve success and profits.
• Budget Planning • Visual Merchandising
• Sales Planning • Stock Level Control
• Sales Projections • Promotion Setting
• Trend Analysis • Delay Management
• Competitive Analysis • Territory Management
• Priorities Review • Prices Negotiation
• Introduced the concept of visual merchandising, thereby increasing sales by 65% in 6 months.
• Decreased cost of acquiring merchandise by bringing onboard a less expensive supplier.
• Successfully predicted a slump in sales for the coming quarter, and put in place marketing efforts to counter the effect of low sales.
• Bettered quality of products by constantly keeping a watch out for problematic areas regarding retail management.
Crossmark, Oak Park, IL
6/2019 – Present
• Plan and develop merchandising strategies in accordance with the policies and protocols of the store.
• Ensure that all implemented merchandising strategies are in sync with customers’ expectations and company objectives.
• Analyze sales figures and market trends in a bid to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges.
• Create and maintain effective liaison with buyers and distributors to negotiate prices and quantities.
• Perform visual merchandising work to maximize customers’ interest and sales levels.
• Develop layout plans for stores, maintain store shelves and handle inventory.
• Forecast sales and profits and plan budgets accordingly, along with determining industry trends.
• Utilize market data such as sales trends and rankings to improve placement and retail support.
Red Diamond Inc., Oak Park, IL
2/2017 – 5/2019
• Assisted with routine sales call cycles for existing retail listings.
• Provided support in presenting new product introductions and presentations to retail agents or partners.
• Assisted in devising merchandising plans based on correct quantities, placement, and timeliness.
• Devised contracts for suppliers including quality control measures, the accuracy of orders, and delivery flexibility.
• Oversaw inventory of merchandise and ensured that low-stock situations were communicated to appropriate staff members.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Oak Park University, Oak Park, IL