It is a common misconception that a good resume is only important for obtaining only the managerial jobs. In fact, all positions in a retail environment are equally important as they depend on each other to ensure optimal working.
Hence, even if you have just started your career and are presently at the beginning of the organizational hierarchy, your resume needs to be flawlessly written.
The following sample can be used as a template to meet the courtesy clerk resume writing requirements.
Sample Resume for Courtesy Clerk
420 Hubbard Avenue, Frederica, DE 48523
normaward @ email . com
Results-focused Courtesy Clerk with 8+ years’ extensive experience in providing top-quality customer services in a retail environment. Track record of handling bagging duties and assisting customers with decision-making regarding purchases. A capable individual who uses proper bagging techniques, and quickly collects carts and rearrange items in shelves.
• Customer Service
• Trash Disposal
• Product Reorganizing
• Physically Dexterous
• Lost/Found Handling
• Stocking & Grocery Bagging
Safeway, Frederica, DE | 4/2012 – Present
- Ensure that all cashiering docs are properly maintained by performing cleaning, tidying and dusting duties
- Acquire a selection of shopping bags such as plastic, paper, and cloth and ensure their availability at the cash counter at all times
- Inquire from customers which type of bag they would prefer their purchases to be packed in
- Separate customer’s purchases in an appropriate manner, build walls inside paper bags and place items inside
- Offer to carry customers’ purchases to the car and thank them for their business
- Introduced the concept of “wall building” in paper bags, decreasing the number of bags used per customer by 80%.
- Implemented a cart count system, resulting in decreased incidents of missing carts.
City Grocers, Frederica, DE | 3/2010 – 4/2012
- Ensured that any shopping carts in entrance areas or parking lots were collected and docked in designated places
- Assisted the marketing and promotion teams with visual merchandising efforts by erecting boards and dressing mannequins
- Provide support in stocking shelves and returning exchanged or returned items to their proper places
- Suggested the introduction of a lost and found section, which resulted in ease of returning lost items to shoppers.
- Singlehandedly and perfectly executed a module of a visual merchandising project, which led to an increased customer base.
The One Stop Shop, Frederica, DE | 11/2008 – 3/2010
- Greeted customers and directed or escorted them to their choice of products
- Assisted customers in choosing items and led them through purchase procedures
- Bagged customers’ purchases and delivered their bags to vehicles
- Made arrangements for home delivery of large or out of stock products
- Cleaned and maintained the store according to the organization’s specific policies and procedures
Frederica High School, Frederica, DE – 2006