A Grocery Store Clerk Resume provides employers with a written snapshot of your qualifications, experience, and relevant skills.
As some hiring managers prefer a resume and others need an application form, it is recommended to include a resume along with other job application materials.
The following example contains the information to include on your resume.
See also: Grocery Store Clerk Cover Letter
Grocery Store Clerk Resume Example
31 8th Street, Wilmette, IL 69888
Grocery Store Clerk
Over four years’ hands-on experience in retail and customer service field. Track record of providing quick and friendly service in busy supermarkets.
Ability to work collaboratively in order to maximize profits. Well-versed in receiving the merchandise and ensuring invoice accuracy. Progressively successful in maintaining back-stock areas following department standards.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to maintain the highest level of customer service,
• Advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet the time limit,
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task,
• Known for taking the initiative when problems arise,
The Fresh Market – Wilmette, IL | May 2010 – Present
- Greet customers on the checkout counter
- Scan grocery items and make the final bill
- Collect payment through cash, debit and credit cards
- Ensure sanitation of grocery shelves, storeroom area, and work area
- Clean shelves and grocery products
- Remove hazardous waste from the floor and keep floors free of liquid spills or water
- Inspect and rotate all grocery products
- Pay particular attention to expired supply and remove out-of-date and damaged items.
Grocery Stock Clerk
Giant Eagle – Northfield Center, OH | June 2009 – May 2010
- Received, inspected, and logged products for the accurateness of shipment, temperature, and quality
- Used knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products
- Monitored the point of purchase signs
- Ensured different recipe cards, product coupons, promotional objects and information on complementary foods
- Participated in pre-inventory preparation
- Walked department frequently to ensure an ordered, clean, and overall sanitary appearance at all times
The City School, Wilmette, IL – 2008
Associate Degree in Retail Management
Exceptional professional references available