It is never a simple task to write a merchandiser resume that bring results. The best Merchandiser Resumes are written with a lot of effort and research.
As a matter of fact, you cannot write a winning merchandiser resume in a minute. You have to spend a lot of time and effort to build a resume.
In order to craft an interview-winning resume, see the job description provided by a specific employer and relate your experiences with their needs.
Merchandiser Resume Sample
7003 Shady Knoll Road, Cypress, TX 40321
bonn.pri @ email . com
Dedicated and focused Merchandiser with 11+ years’ progressively responsible experience in handling merchandising projects to ensure that products appear in the right store, in the correct quantities and at appropriate times. Effectively liaises with buyers, analysts, and suppliers to ensure delivery/procurement of supplies on time. Recognized for producing store layouts and forecasting sales and profits, along with optimizing sales volumes.
• Excellent skills in planning product range and preparing sales and stock plans following merchandising principles.
• Ability to plan budgets and present sales forecasts and figures to determine new product ranges.
• Competent at maintaining awareness of competitors’ performance in the market through dedicated research and investigative work.
• Increased sales of 3 branded products by 50%, 65%, and 66% by performing well-placed and aggressive merchandising activities.
• Decreased stock allocation problems by 57% by streamlining the allocation process on an “as and when needed basis.”
• Acquired 12% of the market share from the company’s lead competitor by carrying out dedicated visual merchandising activities.
• Introduced the concept of visual merchandising for all mainly located stores, resulting in an increased customer base from 2300 to 4210 within 12 months.
Reddy Ice, Cypress, TX | 2/2011 – Present
• Plan, develop, and implement merchandising strategies that create the right balance between customers’ requirements and the company’s objectives.
• Analyze sales figures and market trends in a bid to anticipate needs and plan products and product ranges.
• Coordinate activities with vendors, suppliers, and distributors to negotiate prices and time-scales.
• Increase customers’ interest by performing a wide range of visual merchandising activities.
AAA Co, Cypress, TX | 8/2007 – 2/2011
• Forecasted profits and sales and planned budget allocation accordingly, focusing on customer satisfaction.
• Monitored stock movement between stores and warehouses and determined the quantity and placement of each shipment.
• Maintained and replenished products in store racks, shelves, and display units by transporting items between storage areas and frontends.
• Assisted in setting up visual merchandising displays in a bid to attract more customers and obtain increased business from existing ones.
• Utilized market data, such as trends and sales rankings to improve product placement and retail support.
Kellogg Company, Cypress, TX | 2/2005 – 8/2007
• Identified business strategies for buying and selecting a broad range of products by conducting mock-buy and comparing activities.
• Built and maintained product displays in compliance with the company’s merchandising standards.
• Maintained clean and organized storage areas, constantly supervising products coming in and going out.
• Assisted in identifying business strategies for buying and selecting products and forecasting profits and sales.
• Monitored stock movement, including markdowns, promotions, price changes, and clear outs.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Cypress Business School, Cypress, TX – 2003
• Visual Merchandising • Vendor Relations
• Sales Projections • Slow Sellers Monitoring
• Financial Presentations • Production Needs Assessment
• Merchandising Plans Development • Stock Allocation
• Market Research • Price Setting
• Sales Analysis • Stock Movement Monitoring