People working in a restaurant need to be extremely customer service-oriented as they are in constant contact with customers.
There are many positions that you will find people working in a restaurant which may include bussers, servers, waiters, cashiers, kitchen staff, supervisors, chefs, cooks, and of course a restaurant manager.
No matter which position a person is working at, some skills are needed for anyone working in a restaurant environment.
This may include the ability to manage both business and housekeeping activities.
Restaurant staff has to be very well organized with a keen ability to work around problems and deliver the best in customer services at all times regardless of personal issues and constraints.
Let us have a look at some special skills that we deem necessary for hospitality staff to possess.
Special Skills for Restaurant Resume
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Exceptional communication skills with a charming demeanor
• Proficient in food planning and menu development
• Hands-on experience in personnel management and performing bookkeeping activities
• Self-disciplined with a keen ability to take the initiative
• Able to assess customers’ needs and fulfill them appropriately
• Proven ability to handle pressure and work well under stressful situations
• Strong ability to foster teamwork and manage conflict resolution
• Good organizational skills
• Adept at handling administrative and front desk tasks
It may seem that most of these skills are particular to a managerial job in a restaurant but you will be quite surprised to know that these attributes need to be the part of a personality for almost anyone working in a restaurant environment owing to the fact that it is a high customer service-oriented environment.
Waiters in a restaurant will need to be very polite and kind listeners so they can take orders correctly and accurately relay those orders to the kitchen.
The need to be detail-oriented is very high on the list because if a customer does not get what he ordered exactly, well, you have a perfect chance of not engendering recurring business from that customer.