For any advertised position of a restaurant cashier, employers receive many long but irrelevant resumes. Those job seekers who write this kind of resumes usually do not get an interview.
As a job applicant, it is your primary duty to make sure that your resume is a comprehensive yet to-the-point. Build a resume that clearly shows your most relevant skills and experiences.
The following resume sample will give you ideas on how to write a good resume for a restaurant cashier position.
Restaurant Cashier Resume Sample
33 Commerce Street, Ardmore, OK 73934
sebastian.miller @ email . com
Dynamic and trustworthy individual, with 9+ years of extensive experience in cash handling and customer service in busy foodservice environments. An effective communicator who works collaboratively in a perfect manner. Well-versed in handling modern cash registers and POS machines. Effectively handles customer complaints with the aim of ensuring repeat business.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACHIEVEMENTS
• Reduced the overhead costs $25000 by introducing independent solar-powered cash till solution.
• Increased 80% cash handling efficiency through the implementation of a “count as you receive” policy.
• Raised 20% customer base by suggesting the addition of free sidelines to 8 menu items.
• Contributed to the local Green Peace drive by switching to recyclable takeaway bags.
SAULT TRIBE, Ardmore, OK
• Greet customers as they arrive and ensure that they are being served by a host
• Ensure that menu item prices are correctly displayed and update changes as required
• Look at work orders and enter ordered items into the system
• Recheck punched items to ensure correct billing
• Calculate billed items manually for verification
• Take printouts of billed items, place them in folders and hand them to waiters
• Receive and count cash payments and tender change
• Process debit and credit card payments and ensure that receipts are signed and cards returned
• Tally cash drawer at the end of each shift and handle any discrepancies before the shift ends
• Manage light bookkeeping activities and generate cash and credit reports
• Ensure that the cash register has sufficient change in it at the beginning of each shift
• Make bank transactions and handle bank reporting activities
UNAGI CAFE, Ardmore, OK
• Provided customers with information on menu items and discount options
• Rang up orders by punching them in the POS
• Provided customers with billing information and took cash in exchange for items sold
• Processed credit card transactions, and provided receipts
• Assisted in food preparation and packing activities
• Handed customers packed food items
AS – Accounting and Customer Service
CONCORDIA COLLEGE, Ardmore, OK
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Cash Handling • Cash Drawer Balancing
• Customer Service • Inventory Management
• Solution-focused • Communication
• Orders Handling • Cost Cutting Techniques
• Bill Calculation • Reports Preparation
• Bookkeeping • Procurement