Restaurant cashiers perform a lot of cash-handling activities along with assisting in managing order-taking and preparing duties. In some restaurants, they may be expected to simply operate POS systems while in others, their duties go beyond just cash handling.
If you are working for a restaurant as a cashier, you may be the first person that customers meet, so it is important to make a positive impression on them. Also, since you will be working with money, it is imperative for you to be especially well-versed in handling cash – employers scrutinize applicants for this position quite deeply to ensure that they are individuals with integrity.
In order to be considered for a restaurant cashier position, you have to possess exceptional customer service skills.
You have to be good with numbers and calculations if you want to work as a cashier in any capacity.
Additionally, you need to be a great problem solver since you will be presented with many instances where you might need to handle irate customers or resolve cash drawer discrepancies.
For any advertised position of a restaurant cashier, employers receive many long but irrelevant resumes. Those job seekers who write this kind of resume usually do not get an interview.
As a job applicant, it is your primary duty to make sure that your resume is comprehensive yet to the point. Build a resume that clearly shows your most relevant skills and experiences.
The following resume sample will give you ideas on how to write a good resume for a restaurant cashier position.
Sample Resume for Restaurant Cashier Position
Ardmore, OK 73934
sebastian.miller @ email . com
Dynamic and trustworthy individual, with 9+ years of extensive experience in cash handling and customer service in busy food service environments. An effective communicator who works collaboratively in a perfect manner. Well-versed in handling modern cash registers and POS machines. Effectively handles customer complaints with the aim of ensuring repeat business.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Cash Handling • Cash Drawer Balancing
• Customer Service • Inventory Management
• Solution-focused • Communication
• Orders Handling • Cost Cutting Techniques
• Bill Calculation • Reports Preparation
• Bookkeeping • Procurement
• Reduced the overhead costs by $25000 by introducing independent solar-powered cash till solution.
• Increased 80% cash handling efficiency through the implementation of a “count as you receive” policy.
• Raised 20% customer base by suggesting the addition of free sidelines to 8 menu items.
• Contributed to the local Green Peace drive by switching to recyclable takeaway bags.
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Ardmore, OK
8/2017 – Present
• Greet customers as they arrive and ensure that they are being served by a host
• Ensure that menu item prices are correctly displayed and update changes as required
• Look at work orders and enter ordered items into the system
• Recheck punched items to ensure correct billing
• Calculate billed items manually for verification
• Take printouts of billed items, place them in folders, and hand them to waiters
• Receive and count cash payments and tender change
• Process debit and credit card payments and ensure that receipts are signed and cards returned
• Tally the cash drawer at the end of each shift and handle any discrepancies before the shift ends
• Manage light bookkeeping activities and generate cash and credit reports
• Ensure that the cash register has a sufficient change in it at the beginning of each shift
• Make bank transactions and handle bank reporting activities
AA Cafe, Ardmore, OK
11/2011 – 8/2017
• Provided customers with information on menu items and discount options
• Rang up orders by punching them in the POS
• Provided customers with billing information and took cash in exchange for items sold
• Processed credit card transactions, and provided receipts
• Assisted in food preparation and packing activities
• Handed customers packed food items
AS Degree in Accounting and Customer Service
Concordia College, Ardmore, OK
Job Description for Restaurant Cashier Resume
- Greet customers and provide them with the menu and offer them any discounts or deals.
- Ensure that customers are being serviced by waiters or attendants.
- Sum up customers’ totals and print out bills after ensuring that the amounts are accurate.
- Process cash and credit and debit card payments and tender change and receipts.
- Balance cash drawers at the end of each shift and make sure that any discrepancies are resolved prior to closing down.
- Count cash at the beginning of each shift and ensure that sufficient change is available.
- Fill out bank deposit slips and deposit all earned cash at the end of the day.
- Provide assistance to waiters during rush hours by preparing and packing orders.
- Take and process orders for takeaway and deliveries and follow up to make sure that they are prepared on time.
- Resolve customers’ problems and complaints by providing them with the highest level of services.
- Ensure that inventory of supplies such as condiments, napkins, and food items is updated on a constant basis.
- Pack food items according to customers’ instructions and ensure that appropriate condiments are added to packed items.
- Take reservations over the telephone and in person and ensure that restaurant managers are made aware of them.
Restaurant Cashier Skills & Abilities for Resume
- POS systems
- Operational accuracy
- Orders tracking
- Bills calculation
- Payments processing
- Cash handling
- Issuing receipts and tendering change
- Complaints resolution
- Cash drawer balancing
- Friendly disposition
- Professional and polite
- Customer Service
- Time management
- Following instructions
- Interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina
See also: Restaurant Cashier Cover Letter Sample