It is a great responsibility to be a restaurant owner, but it is also a fantastic learning experience.
People who are interested in the culinary business, often aspire to own restaurants or gain franchise licenses eventually.
In the latter case, you will need to make sure that all your credentials are in place before you apply for a franchise license – especially the resume.
In some instances, restaurant owners may double as restaurant managers.
A restaurant owner’s (or manager’s) resume should highlight the candidate’s knowledge of the culinary world – both food preparation and the business angle.
Running a restaurant is a mean feat, so it is imperative to possess a knack for leading a complicated. Your resume is your door to a successful restaurant business eventually.
Here is a sample restaurant owner resume that you can look through before attempting to write your own.
See also: Restaurant General Manager Cover Letter
Restaurant Owner/Operator Resume Sample
562 Walnut Street, Grafton, WV 92836
High energy background in a fast-paced culinary setting. Possess outstanding knowledge of the food industry, superior communication skills, and a passion for excellence in a customer-oriented environment. Tenacious and resourceful with a deep understanding of holding and maintaining customer loyalty in a food service environment.
• Able to blend creative and administration skills to achieve restaurant staff and customer targets
• Extensive experience in developing customers through well-placed marketing activities
• Functional ability to manage and maintain restaurant finances including payroll, cash-in, and bank liaison
• Expansive awareness of culinary trends in the food service industry
– Food quality – Customer service
– Finance handling – Events management
– Supplies and purchases – Service promotion
– Menu planning – Communication
– Health and Safety – Staff development
– Hospitality management – Budget conformity
• Increased customer base by 62% in the first year hired as restaurant manager at Pitchers Galore.
• Introduced All Smiles, a customer service directive that endorsed the cliché “the customer is always right.”
• Streamlined food ordering system by introducing real-time orders through tablets, decreasing order time by 35%.
• Featured in Food Market as the “Best Restaurant in Grafton” in the July 2022 issue.
Pitcher’s Galore, Grafton, WV
• Greet restaurant patrons and ensure that they are correctly seated by coordinating service through restaurant hosts
• Oversee the customers in order to ensure that they are well taken care of by the restaurant staff
• Estimate food consumption
• Coordinate with suppliers to make sure that food and beverage items do not run out
• Oversee cleaning of the kitchen and make certain that employees conform to food safety and general hygiene principles
• Monitor actions of staff members, take corrective action where needed and intervene in adverse situations
• Direct the cleaning of the restaurant and ensure that liquor regulations are strictly followed
• Take complaints from customers and attempt to resolve them by prioritizing customer satisfaction
• Arrange for the purchase, maintenance, and repair of restaurant equipment and furniture
• Monitor cash flow and ensure that the cash register is appropriately balanced at the end of the day
• Assist in planning menus and indulge in marketing activities to increase the restaurant’s presence in the industry
Olive Garden, Grafton, WV
• Provided them with menus and informed them of the day’s special
• Assisted customers in making choices by providing them with information on menu items
• Took orders and repeated them to ensure accuracy
• Provided customers with a timeline for order delivery
• Relayed orders to kitchen staff and followed up on each order to ensure timely preparation
• Delivered food and beverage orders to customers
• Coordinates check preparation with the cashier and handed food bills to customers
B.A. Degree in Culinary Arts
Yates Culinary College, Grafton, WV