Security guards are responsible for the safety of people and premises.
They respond to alarms that identify crimes, fires, and medical emergencies using their training and expertise.
Security guards are expected to look out for potential trouble and attempt to manage a non-savory situation.
They make rounds of the premises that are assigned to them in order to protect it and the people and assets within and to ward of any criminal activities.
In the event of criminal activity happening, security guards report instances of malpractice such as vandalism and theft and attempt to control it until reinforcement arrives.
Security guards should be extremely vigilant and skilled in their work. They should be able to use their training and skills in every second that they are at work.
Take a look at some of the skills that a security guard is expected to practice while on duty.
This skills list can be effectively utilized in the ‘skills’ or ‘qualifications’ section of a security guard resume.
Security Guard Skills Examples to Put in Resume
Security Guard Hard Skills
- Well-versed in securing a facility and premises using advanced techniques
- Demonstrated ability to assess suspicious individuals/situations and respond appropriately
- Track record of diligently patrolling the assigned areas
- Known for acting quickly in emergency situations
- Excellent judgment aptitude with a solid ability to detect imminent threats
- Extremely capable of monitoring premises through advanced security cameras
- Very vigilant to suspicious individuals and things
- Demonstrated ability to handle and resolve conflicts in an effective manner
- Able to take preventative measures to ensure that a security breach cannot be made.
Armed Security Guard Skills
- Working knowledge of using firearms and other security equipment
- Trained in physical combat and the use of arms when required
- First Aid and CPR Certified
- Able to operate and use security cameras
- Hands-on experience in using and installing alarm systems
- In-depth knowledge of NY State law and order
- Current NY State Driver’s License
- Ability to drive different kinds of vehicles and motorbikes
- Willing to work in a rotating shift
- A vigilant and keen observer
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good eye for detail with the ability to stay organized at all times
- Polite and courteous demeanor
- Particularly effective in working independently
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Track record of working in a fast-paced environment
- Effective listening skills
- Physically dexterous
- Profound ability to maintain the confidentiality of information
- Ability to take and follow instructions effectively
- Track record of working in extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in many environments including offices, hotels, hospitals, and private homes