A valet or parking attendant welcomes guests, visitors or employees as they enter into the premise. S/he opens vehicle doors, takes keys, gives a slip or ticket and park vehicle in the appropriate space. At departure, the valet obtains ticket and cash, gets back their keys from a booth and hand over the vehicle to owner. Some valet attendants offer additional services such as washing or waxing vehicles. Valets are usually employed by hotels, resorts, restaurants, hospitals and in some parking companies and garages.
A valet resume is a short summary of your knowledge, abilities, skills and experience. In order to make an ideal resume, see the following tips and techniques.
Valet Parking Attendant Resume Tips
• It should be as brief as possible – usually 1 to 2 pages.
• Write your resume using small bullet points rather than long sentences. Your resume must be intended to be skimmed speedily.
• Tailor your resume and cover letter to fit the needs and expectations of prospective employer.
• To help shape your resume, gather information regarding the prospective organization and its business.
• Match your skills, training and experience to their desires and expectations.
Related: Valet Attendant Resume Sample
Valet Resume Sample
124 Example Avenue ● St. Louis, MO 25410 ● (000) 879-8012 ● Email
VALET PARKING ATTENDANT
Outgoing and enthusiastic Valet Parking Attendant with 8+ years’ hands-on experience in parking and retrieving vehicles courteously, timely and carefully. Handles guests professionally, greets graciously and maintains proper eye contact to ensure positive guest experience.
Effective driver with proven success in monitoring entrance and exit of garage. Organized and attentive, able to foster a fun and friendly atmosphere while at work, and maintain a calm temperament hostile situations. Strong analytical, communication and teamwork abilities.
Skills & Competencies
• Neat and professional appearance, and a helpful attitude
• Demonstrated ability to lift, carry and move packages, luggage or boxes of heavy weights
• Proven record of using claim tickets to make sure proper delivery of vehicle
• Ability to perform cash handling operations
• Able to operate both automatic and manual transmission vehicles
• Good mathematical Skills – ability to calculate parking charges manually
• Exceptional attention to detail
• 2013: Achieved the employee of the year award
• 2015: Improved the parking operations by 50% through effective utilization of parking space
The Westin – St. Louis, MO | 2011 to Present
Valet Parking Attendant
• Greet guests and employees professionally and graciously
• Open and close vehicle doors for guests arriving or departing the premise
• Anticipate guest needs and demonstrate a genuine desire to meet and exceed them
• Respond to all guest and visitor inquiries and resolve complaints accordingly
• Record visitor name and inquire as to the nature of visit
• Inspect the outer body of every vehicle and note any dent on the ticket
Le Meridien – Dallas, TX | 2009 to 2011
• Parked vehicles in selected areas efficiently and safely
• Ensured every vehicle has been locked while in parking
• Kept keys in valet booth
• Assisted with loading of passengers and luggage
• Retrieved cars and matched claim ticket numbers
• Cleaned the front drive and parking areas
• Offered guests with directions, travel information, and other information
• Assisted disabled and special needs guests
High School Diploma: CITY SCHOOL, Dallas, TX – 2008
Current MO driver’s license with good driving record
Bilingual: English and Spanish