A hotel front desk receptionist typically works behind the front desk near the entrance hall of a hotel.
Most hotel receptionists dress to project a professional image of the hotel.
There are no particular educational requirements to get a hotel receptionist job, even though most employers prefer hiring someone with a degree and some hands-on experience in front desk tasks.
As a hotel front desk receptionist, your role will be to attain the goals of bookings and to ensure that all guests are treated to a high standard of customer service.
The following resume sample for the hotel front desk position is a helpful resource for potential applicants. This example contains well-written and targeted competencies, skills, and abilities required for the position of Hotel Receptionist.
Related: Hotel Receptionist Cover Letter
Hotel Front Desk Receptionist Resume Sample
52 Mill Avenue, Toronto, ON G6T 4P7
Bringing exceptional customer service and hospitality skills to increase profitability.
Customer service-focused hotel front desk professional with 11+ years of experience working in busy hotels and motel settings. Positive and polite with exceptional telephone etiquette and great communication skills. Proficient in greeting guests with a smile, providing information, and arranging reservations promptly. Adept at helping guests with baggage, valuables, ordering taxis, and reserving tables.
Organized, with a unique talent to communicate with guests timely, and accurately. Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with coworkers and supervisors. Quickly adapts to change and delivers the best results under the pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent personal presentation and interpersonal skills
- Passion for exceptional customer service
- Profound ability to ensure that the highest standards of hospitality are established
- Multilingual – English, Spanish and French
- Highly skilled in handling multiple guests simultaneously
- In-depth knowledge of general facilities and services of the hotel
- Able to multi-task effectively
Hotel Front Desk Receptionist
Holiday Inn Express, North York, Toronto, ON
• Greet and assist visitors and guests arriving at the front desk
• Answer phone in a friendly and helpful manner
• Provide excellent customer service
• Compute basic arithmetic for room booking and other charges
• Reserve and book room using attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
• Take payments through cash, credit, and debit cards
• Maintain confidentiality of hotel data and guest information
• Efficiently checked guests in and out which increased guest satisfaction level by 40%
• Took, modified, and canceled guest reservations, increasing revenue by $40000 per month
• Identified discrepancies in office supplies ordering
Marriott, Toronto, ON
• Received guests on arrival in a friendly manner
• Entered complete details into the computer
• Efficiently deal with check-out of guests
• Made advanced reservations, took bookings, and fulfilled particular requirements
• Operated the switchboard, messages, and inquiries in a disciplined manner
• Posted all transactions to make sure that all bills are kept up-to-date
• Prepared the cash for bank delivery and ensured that all floats are accurate at the end of shift
• Achieved Best Employee Award 2016
• Raised hotel sales 30% by utilizing new customer service and hospitality techniques
Diploma in Hotel Management
Ryerson University, Toronto, ON 2010
• MS Office Suite
• Hotel property management systems
• Internet and Email
• Typing Speed: 40+ WPM
“I am enthusiastic about achieving the targets by continuous improvement of the front desk area.”