A hotel front desk receptionist typically works behind the front desk near the entrance hall of a hotel. Most hotel receptionists dress to project a professional of hotel. There are no particular educational requirements to get a a hotel receptionist job, despite the fact that most employers prefer hiring someone with a degree and some hands-on experience in front desk tasks.
As a hotel front desk receptionist, your role will be to attain the goals of bookings and to ensure that all guests are treated with a high standard of customer service.
The following resume sample for hotel front desk position is a helpful resource for potential applicants who want to impress the recruiter and get an interview. This example contains well written and targeted competencies, skills and abilities required for the position of Hotel Receptionist.
Related: Hotel Receptionist Cover Letter
Apt 101, Example Avenue, Toronto, ON G6T 4P7
(000) 254-8014 | john @ email . com
Bringing exceptional customer service and hospitality skills to improve profitability.
6 years’ progressive experience working in reception and front desk roles. Positive nature with exceptional telephone etiquette. Demonstrated ability to greet guests with a smile, providing information and arranging reservations in timely manner. Adept at helping guests with baggage storage, storing valuables, ordering taxis and reserving tables.
Organized, with a special talent to communicate with guests clearly, timely, and accurately. Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with coworkers and supervisors. Quickly adapts to change and delivers the best results under the pressure of deadlines.
• Excellent personal presentation and interpersonal skills
• Passion for exceptional customer service
• Profound ability to ensure that the highest standards of hospitality are established
• Multi-lingual – English and German
• Highly skilled in handling multiple guests simultaneously
• In-depth knowledge of general facilities and services of the hotel
• Able to multi-task effectively
Holiday Inn Express, North York, Toronto, ON | Dec 2011 – Present
Hotel Front Desk Receptionist
• Greet and assist visitors and guests arriving on front desk
• Answer phone in a friendly and helpful manner
• Provide excellent customer service
• Compute basic arithmetic for room booking and other charges
• Reserve and book room using attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
• Take payments through cash, credit and debit cards
• Maintain confidentiality of hotel data and guest information
• Efficiently checked guests in and out which increased guest satisfaction level by 40%
• Took, modified, and cancelled guest reservations, increasing revenue by $40000 per month
• Identified discrepancies in office supplies ordering
Marriott, Toronto, ON | Nov 2010 – Dec 2011
• Received guests on arrival with a friendly manner
• Entered complete details into the computer
• Efficiently deal with check-out of guests
• Made advanced reservations, took bookings and fulfilled particular requirements
• Operated the switchboard, messages and enquiries in an disciplined manner
• Posted all transactions to make sure that all bills are kept up-to-date
• Prepared the cash for bank delivery and ensured that all floats are accurate at the end of shift
• Achieved Best Employee Award 2011
• Raised hotel sales 30% by utilizing new customer service and hospitality techniques
Diploma in Hotel Management – 2010
Ryerson University, Toronto, ON
• MS Office Suite
• Hotel property management systems
• Internet and Email
• Typing Speed: 40+ WPM
“I am enthusiastic to achieve the targets by continuous improvement of front desk area.”