Receptionists are usually the first point of contact for customers and guests entering an organization.
Apart from performing their regular front desk and tier-1 duties, they are expected to provide ongoing clerical and secretarial support.
A cover letter for a receptionist position contains information about the applicant’s skills in managing the reception area, performing basic office administration tasks, and providing ongoing support to the staff.
What to Include in the Cover Letter for Receptionist Job?
The following information should be included in a receptionist cover letter in order to make it attractive.
- A friendly and fun personality of the applicant
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle the multi-line phone system
- Customer service insight
- Ability to work collaboratively while working under pressure
- Microsoft Office and front desk applications
Above all, a cover letter for the Receptionist Resume should be a brief 1-page document that particularly addresses the needs of the prospective needs.
Take a look at the following example to get help with crafting a receptionist cover letter.
Receptionist Cover Letter Sample
701 Claiborn Street
Danville, VA 36281
jennifer @ email . com
June 10, 2021
Mr. Oliver Mater
123 Shore Drive
Danville, VA 13242
Dear Mr. Mater:
Comprehending the need for excellence in front desk and administrative work, I offer my services as a Receptionist for Trinity Group. As a highly motivated and punctual individual with an exceptional track record, I am eager to contribute to your ongoing success.
As can be seen on the attached resume, I am proficient in managing day to day administrative and front-desk work. Specifically, I am very talented in:
- Handling multi-line telephone exchange and routing phone calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greeting visitors in a very polite and friendly manner.
- Handling the visitor entry and security processes.
- Writing, sending and receiving correspondence and emails.
- Working efficiently with co-workers and maintain a healthy team environment.
- Utilizing Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel to perform clerical and reception tasks.
Furthermore, I possess effective team building skills and a high level of accuracy, which is the prime reason for my success as a receptionist. My employers commend my ability to work efficiently with customers and coworkers.
The attached resume details my relevant experience, accomplishments, and skills. I will call you after a few days to set up an interview date and will be available at (000) 625-2356 if you need more information.
Thank you for your time and consideration.