Receptionists are usually the first point of contact for customers and guests entering an organization.
Apart from performing their regular front desk and tier-1 duties, they are expected to provide ongoing clerical and secretarial support.
A cover letter for a receptionist position contains information about the applicant’s skills in managing the reception area, performing basic office administration tasks, and providing ongoing support to the staff.
How to Write a Perfect Cover Letter for Receptionist?
The following information should be included in a receptionist cover letter in order to make it attractive.
- A friendly and fun personality of the applicant
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle the multi-line phone system
- Customer service insight
- Ability to work collaboratively while working under pressure
- Microsoft Office and front desk applications
Above all, a cover letter for the Receptionist Resume should be a brief 1-page document that particularly addresses the needs of the prospective needs.
Take a look at the following example to get help with crafting a receptionist cover letter.
Receptionist Cover Letter Sample
701 Claiborn Street
Danville, VA 36281
jennifer @ email . com
November 15, 2020
Mr. Oliver Mater
123 Shore Drive
Danville, VA 13242
Dear Mr. Mater:
Comprehending the need for excellence in front desk and administrative work, I offer my services as a Receptionist for Trinity Group. As a highly-motivated and punctual individual with an exceptional track record, I am eager to contribute to your ongoing success.
As can be seen on the attached resume, I am proficient in managing day to day administrative and front-desk work. Specifically, I am very talented in:
- Handling multi-line telephone exchange and routing phone calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greeting visitors in a very polite and friendly manner.
- Handling the visitor entry and security processes.
- Writing, sending and receiving correspondence and emails.
- Working efficiently with co-workers and maintain a healthy team environment.
- Utilizing Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel to perform clerical and reception tasks.
Furthermore, I possess effective team building skills and a high level of accuracy, which is the prime reason for my success as a receptionist. My employers commend my ability to work efficiently with customers and coworkers.
The attached resume details my relevant experience, accomplishments, and skills. I will call you after a few days to set up an interview date and will be available at (000) 625-2356 if you need more information.
Thank you for your time and consideration.