The motive behind writing a CDL Bus Driver is to land an interview.
So, what can you do in order to make your resume impressive enough that motivate the employer to give you an interview?
The following points will help you in building a compelling resume for CDL Bus Driver job.
A brand statement: The first thing that can help to catch the employer’s attention is to start with a with a brand statement.
Information prioritization: Streamline the information and make it appear in order of priority.
Outlook: The resume should be professional yet simple. Select a plain layout with a professional format that aids in enhancing the impact of your resume.
See also: CDL Driver Cover Letter
CDL Bus Driver Resume Sample
314 Evergreen Lane, Palatine, IL 89001
adam @ email . com
CDL BUS DRIVER ~ 11 YEARS
Track record of safely transporting passengers.
Dependable, punctual and safety oriented Commercial Driver with strong background in shuttle service, school bus driving and route driving. Excellent ability to coordinate road conditions. Competent in engine maintenance, service and repair. Knowledge of Bus engine mechanics and wheel maintenance protocols. Thorough understanding of current state and local regulations.
Class A CDL
Good driving record
– Pre/Post Trip Inspection
– Route Coordination
– Bus Service
– Auto/Manual Transmission
– Engine Maintenance
– Log Maintenance
– Pressure Brakes
– Level Checking
– GPS Navigation
– Preventive Maintenance
• Identified a gear oil leakage and immediately reported the issue, therefore, saved $15000 in terms of engine damage repair costs.
• Reduced the monthly fuel expenses by 10% through cost-effective route planning and implementation.
• Rectified a carburetor fine-tuning issue to enhance mileage per liter by 15%.
CDL Bus Driver
TRANSDEV, Palatine, IL (7/2011-Present)
• Utilized a motivated, energetic and customer-service driven approach to perform tasks.
• Conduct pre and post-trip inspections of the vehicles.
• Coordinate road and weather conditions with managers and colleagues.
• Pick and drop passengers along set routes promptly.
ANDY’S INSTITUTE OF SPECIAL EDUCATION (6/2008-7/2011)
• Helped with heavy workload days to transport students back and forth to school.
• Maintained the bus in a neat, clean and functional condition and monitored oil levels.
• Guided the driver regarding road conditions and directions regarding the shortest route to reach various destinations.
• Assisted the disabled passengers in getting on and off the bus courteously.
Diploma: ST. CLAIR’S CONVENT, Palatine, IL
• Proven communication and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional hand-eye coordination
• Able to lift 40 lbs
• Willing to submit drug screening
• Clean MVR