Data entry positions are hard to secure due to aggressive competition in the industry. In order to earn an interview for a data entry position, you must build an impressive resume.
How to Write a Perfect Resume for Data Entry Clerk Position?
The following 6 tips will help you in writing a compelling resume for data entry clerk position:
- Tailor your data entry clerk resume to the requirements of the prospective employer.
- Select your resume format and layout very carefully.
- Keep it short resumes with only relevant information.
- Mention only your qualifications and experiences using short bullet points.
- Send a Data Entry Clerk Cover Letter along with your resume.
Sample Resume for Data Entry Clerk (Example 1)
231 Evergreen Lane, Seattle, WA 34009
DATA ENTRY CLERK
Expert in collecting, indexing and typing information a ccurately.
Detail-oriented Data Entry Clerk with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in data punching, database maintenance, data analysis, and retrieval. Well-versed with modern data recording procedures and data sorting techniques. A hardworking and outgoing individual who has excellent customer service and clerical skills. Ability to prioritize work, multitask, show professionalism and manage time.
• Typing Speed 50 WPM with accuracy
• Proficient in collecting and organizing information numerically and alphabetically
• Proven ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment
• Expert in purging files to eliminate data duplication
• Document Scanning
• Data Processing and Sourcing
• Information Verification
• Data Confidentiality
• Account System Review
• Information Gathering
• Record Retrieval
• Database Maintenance
DATA ENTRY ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Revised the initial data entry form and allowed proper categorization of information that resulted in achieving 50% more information regarding clients.
• Reduced 30% data processing time by introducing advanced level automated software.
• Purged the whole database files for 600+ members in a month by comparing records against the data source.
Data Entry Clerk
Verizon Services, Seattle, WA
• Pre-screen all information before data entry
• Enter data using a keyboard and 10-key
• Check for accuracy of data
• Organize departmental records and files
• Manage the issues related to database
• Retrieve data files on request when needed
• Maintain foolproof confidentiality of data
Data Entry Typist
Trinity Health, Seattle, WA
• Corrected existing data by checking it against source files
• Entered new data based on client information forms
• Categorized data and stored it in various locations on the hard drive
• Adhered to content and style guidelines
Community College, Seattle, WA – 2010
Bachelor of Science in Statistics
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Expert user of MS Office applications
“I perform complex data entry tasks calmly and accurately.”
Data Entry Clerk Resume Example 2
452 Brooklyn Road, New York, NY 18562
samperry @ email . com
Data Entry Clerk
Meticulous and competent Data Entry Clerk with a 15-plus-year verifiable track record of establishing priorities and completing data entry assignments within given time frames. Effectively verifies and combines data to meet data integrity and accuracy standards. An alert individual who has a demonstrated ability to quickly transcribe information into required electronic formats. Self-starter who enjoys working collaboratively to meet the organization’s goals.
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS AS A DATA ENTRY CLERK
• Successfully punched in 1500 records (error-free) within 8 hours, just in time for a drawn-in deadline.
• Implemented a system to make incompatible data compatible by the flick of a switch.
• Trained 13 data entry interns in handling data discrepancy problems, as part of their training.
• Suggested the implementation of a dynamic backup system, which saved the company from complete wipeout following a virus attack on the database.
PROFESSIONAL DATA ENTRY EXPERIENCE
Data Entry Clerk
Newsday, New York, NY
(6/2015 – Present)
• Receive and check source documents to determine which data needs to be entered into the system.
• Check source documents for accuracy by coordinating efforts with data generation managers.
• Enter the provided data into predefined database systems in a prompt and accurate manner.
• Look through information to determine any discrepancies and correct them before or after they have been posted.
• Modify information already punched in and check to see if the added information is accurate.
Data Entry Clerk
AST Co, New York, NY (8/2005 – 6/2015)
• Provided support in sorting outsourced information to derive enterable data.
• Responded to requests for data retrieval by first verifying that the requester is eligible for the information asked for.
• Backed up data according to specific timeframes provided and by following company procedures.
• Used technology to scan documents into management systems and databases while maintaining their integrity.
Data Entry Operator
Cablevision, Atlantic City, NJ
(1/2002 – 8/2005)
• Responded to requests for data retrieval and printing after obtaining approval.
• Handled document scanning, printing, and filing activities, keeping data confidentiality in check.
• Transcribed information into correct electronic forms and ensured data integrity by cross-checking it.
High School Diploma – 1999
NY Public Schools, New York, NY
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Data Rearrangement
– Document Scanning
– Logbook Maintenance
– Information Security
– Data Retrieval
– Deficiencies Review
– File Purging
– Attention to Detail
– Information Analysis
– Incompatibility Resolution
– Deadline Orientation
– Format Screening