As one of the noblest of professions in the world, the position of a nurse is highly demanding especially nurses who work in patients’ homes.
Home health nurses provide services at the residence of a patient like any nurse would deliver in a hospital. Their job includes administering medication and looking after personal needs such as bathing, grooming, and toileting.
They work tirelessly throughout the day to provide high-quality patient services.
Their role is vital because they help patients who are too unwell to go to the hospital or would like to be cared for in the comfort of their homes. Home health nurses’ primary goal is to keep their patients as active and healthy as possible.
When a home health nurse is handed over the responsibility of a patient, the first task she performs is the patient assessment. Once she has determined the condition of the patient, she is required to devise a treatment plan following the patient’s doctor. Once a treatment plan is designed, it is up to the home health nurse to ensure that it is carried out correctly.
The following list of job duties for the position of a home health nurse will help you write an effective resume for Home Health Nurse position.
Job Description for Home Health Nurse Resume
• Carry out the initial assessment of patients and document all findings
• Devise a plan of care based on patient assessment and individual patient’s needs
• Implement the devised plan and ensure its efficacy
• Make necessary revisions and adjustments to the care plan
• Ensure that patients’ homes are conducive to carrying out the care plan
• Implement techniques associated with preventative and rehabilitative procedures
• Consult with healthcare professionals periodically to ensure that the plan of care is being carried out appropriately
• Administer medication and IVs in accordance to care plan
• Provide First Aid and CPR when necessary
• Bandage and clean surgical wounds
• Assist patients with daily living activities such as feeding, bathing, and toileting
• Ensure that patients are comfortable at all times
• Accompany patients to social and rehabilitation activities
• Drive patients to doctors’ appointments and assist with any procedures
• Assist patients in following exercise regimes recommended by healthcare professional
• Act as a patient advocate in using community resources
• Review patient progress periodically and discuss findings
• Ensure that patients’ records are maintained accurately and adequately
Counsel patients and families and educate them on medication and procedures
• Build appropriate relationships with patients and families based on compassion and understanding