A medical secretary’s job carries many responsibilities. As a medical secretary, you will be the first point of contact at a doctor’s office because you will be the person who makes the appointment with the doctor.
How to Write an Objective Statement for a Medical Secretary Resume?
When writing your medical secretary resume, it is essential to do lots of research and make sure your resume is a sign of your professional objective, core competencies, relevant experiences, and qualifications.
Among all sections of your resume, the career objective is the most important because it allows you to clarify your career aspirations and help your resume come to the top of the pile.
Also, it is the simplest and quickest way to target a specific employer’s requirements and align your core skills with the job requirement.
Here are 10 sample objectives to use in your resume.
10 Sample Objectives for a Medical Secretary Resume
1. A competent and trustworthy individual, seeking a Medical Secretary position at Dr. Brown’s clinic. Bringing exceptional secretarial talent and knowledge of medical office procedures in conjunction with perfected organizational abilities to run the operations of the office in the most efficient way.
2. Looking for a Medical Secretary position with the Reagan Hospital utilizing outstanding clerical and front desk skills along with knowledge of medical terminology to coordinate smooth operations of the facility.
3. Seeking a position as a Medical Secretary at the Bay View Clinic using secretarial expertise as well as excellent telephone and customer service skills to contribute to the clinic’s success.
4. To obtain a Medical Secretary position at the Doctors’ Clinic. Bringing profound organizational skills, and strong medical background to maximize the efficiency of the clinic.
5. Seeking a position as a Medical Secretary at the Care Children’s Hospital where I may utilize my communication and secretarial skills and knowledge of medical procedures to achieve a high level of efficiency with minimum errors.
6. Customer service-oriented Medical Secretary poised to work for ABC Care. position open in Oxford. Bringing hands-on experience in handling front desk for patient check-in, telephone, appointments, office duties, as well as collecting fees. Working knowledge of medical front desk software.
7. Uniquely qualified medical secretary who can take initiative and make decisions. Seeking to leverage expertise in handling the front desk, managing appointments, answering phones, managing faxes, and operating computers. Typing speed: 50+ WPM.
8. Detail-oriented medical secretary eager to work for ABC Clinic where skills in coordinating calendars, scheduling appointments, typing correspondence, transcribing dictation, and preparing medical records will be utilized to provide exceptional administrative support to clinicians, supervisors, and departments. Knowledge of medical terminology and various types of medical insurance plans.
9. Top-performing Medical Secretary with a successful track record in clerical duties, answering phones, coordinating patient progression, and handling operating room billing. Eager to work for XYZ Healthcare to actively engage and contribute to your mission.
10. Medical secretary position with Community Health. Leveraging expertise in responding to requests for assistance from patients and providers, verifying information, scheduling appointments, gathering and recording data, maintaining records, and facilitating patient care. Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced-complex environment, with all levels of healthcare personnel. Well-versed with EPIC and hospital billing.