A dental assistant, also called a dental hygienist, performs many tasks in the dental facility utilizing a unique set of skills. If you want to get a job as a Dental Assistant, you need to highlight specific skills in the ‘Skills’ or ‘Qualifications’ section of your resume.
You must also have a compassionate nature because you’re going into the medical profession. The following statements and phrases of dental assistant skills are written by professionals to assist you to make a perfect dental assistant resume.
Dental Assistant Skills for Resume
• Adept at preparing instruments and making sure they have been sterilized properly.
• Demonstrated ability to schedule appointments and make follow-up calls.
• Proven ability to impart knowledge about dental procedures.
• Thorough understanding of protocols that govern the mixing of fillings.
• Able to set-up dental trays and perform patients tests such as x-rays.
• Competent at maintaining supplies and monitoring inventory.
• Proficient in differentiating between different kinds of dental instruments. (you will pass instruments to the dentist during a procedure – make sure you know them all!).
• Thorough understanding of dental procedures such as applying suction, mixing compounds, rinsing, and clearing.
• Proven ability to react appropriately to medical emergencies and help the dentist in maintaining emergency drug kits.
• Able to interpret material safety data sheets and record patients’ data.
• Well versed in providing education to patients on oral health.
• Exceptional talent for preparing invoices and handling receipts.
• Good computer skills
Soft Skills for Dental Assistant
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Customer Service
- Great attention to detail
- Well-organized and reliable