Today is the era of need based resumes. Gone are the days when resumes were candidate oriented, starting with an objective statement that communicated what the candidate sought. Contemporary resumes for office manager position are employer centred and talk to the needs of the prospective company.
• Showcase your achievements by identifying how they relate to the office manager position.
• Skills section is the core of your resume. Make sure the skills you mention in the section are presented in a nicely formatted, short and bullet form.
• Employers do not have the time to make sense out of crowded resumes with too many text boxes. A clutter free resume layout must be used.
• There are many available choices when it comes to resume format. Select a format that enables you to highlight your most relevant traits.
654 Tallman Ave • Austin, TX 45322 • (004) 333 – 6666 • davis @ email .com
Known for interacting with clients and staff and handling multiple projects in fast-paced environments.
SUMMARY: Highly dedicated, intellectually aggressive administrative professional with proven expertise in office management and task prioritization. A self-starter who has exceptional decision making power, able to negotiate and problem solve quickly, accurately and efficiently. Track record of ensuring smooth running of day to day office operations while implementing effective expense control strategies. Demonstrated ability to implement and promote equality and diversity policy. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Files Management||– Work Delegation||– Record Keeping|
|– Cash Handling||– Accounts Reconciliation||– Time Management|
|– Stock Ordering||– Inventory Management||– Accounts Payable|
|– Payroll Processing||– Client Relations||– Staff Appraisals|
|– Repairs/Maintenance||– Budget Handling||– Customer Service|
• Cut down the monthly office running budget by $5k through implementation of cost effective strategies for routine operations.
• Enhanced general customer satisfaction level by 50% through demonstration of professional client ethic and positive client relationship building skills.
• Implemented a comprehensive supplies inventory that ensured 100% availability of all supplies.
• Hired, trained and motivated staff
• Coordinate and facilitate daily office activities to ensure smooth running of the office.
• Conduct office management duties and participate in the new hiring process in close coordination with the HR department.
• Conduct regular staff meetings and orientations to implement new policies and procedures and for sharing of general information.
• Monitored performance of staff and provided counseling where necessary
• Generated daily and weekly reports of performance
• Created and sent accurate and timely payroll report to HR Departmrnt
• Performed general record-keeping tasks
• Managed Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable
• Handled cash flow per company standards
• Greeted visitors and students, answered telephone, and provided assistance to students and coworkers
• Maintained the office calendar and managed appointments
• Responded to phone calls and handled correspondence
• Provided administrative and clerical support to the management
• Performed data entry and proofreading tasks
• Handled travel and reimbursement requests
• Typed, scanned, copied and filed documents
• Arranged meetings and took minutes of meeting
TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY, Austin, TX – 2008
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
• Proficient in payroll processing using QuickBooks
• Office software, email, spreadsheets and databases
• Microsoft Office Suite and PeachTree
3-9 Michael Drive, Troy, MI 63687
OFFICE MANAGEMENT / ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
Relationship building ● Progress monitoring ● Staff training and empowerment
Performance Summary: Dedicated, disciplined and meticulous leader with 12+ years’ progressive management experience in diverse office environments. Highly motivated individual with a great ability to multitask efficiently and work under pressure. Strong aptitude of building rapport with office staff and customers in order to maintain a positive work atmosphere
• Office Management: Skilled in essential organizational functions which may include anticipating the needs of the office and fulfilling them promptly
• Communication: Ability to communicate in three languages (English, Spanish and French). Exceptional interpersonal skills with a keen understanding of when to apply diplomacy
• Technical: Internet savvy with extensive experience on Microsoft Office Suite and PeachTree software
• Financial: Strong grasp of accounting functions and protocols in terms of payroll, budgets and books
• Personal and Analytic: Strong problem solving skills, a positive attitude, keen eye for detail and ability to meet deadlines
Crafton, Troy, MI | March 2006 – Present
• Manage office services and operations effectively
• Control correspondence and manage filing systems
• Keep records of employees and work activities
• Manage supplies and inventories
• Schedule staff duties and oversee work as appropriate
• Write reports when instructed
• Assist the marketing department with promotional activities when necessary
• Resolved major conflicts among staff
• Reduced office expenditures by 40% utilizing creative procurement techniques
• Implemented office policies and ensured 100% compliance for the same
• Planned and implemented new office procedures which resulted in 20% increase in efficiency
ACLU, Troy, MI | Dec 2011 – Mar 2006
• Distributed and filed correspondence
• Managed paperwork and records
• Performed data entry tasks
• Assisted in managing appraisal documents
• Assisted in diary management and scheduling
• Managed procurement of supplies
Troy Community College, Troy, MI – 2004
Associate Of Arts in Administration
Majors: Office Management