Office Manager Resume Guidelines
• Start your resume with a headline and office manager summary statement.
• Write your skills and abilities in a tabular form.
• Showcase your achievements.
• Use a plain and clutter-free resume layout.
The following are two professional resume examples for an office manager job.
See also: Sample Office Manager Cover Letter
Office Manager Resume Sample 1
654 Tallman Ave, Austin, TX 45322
Known for interacting with clients and staff and handling multiple projects in fast-paced environments.
Highly dedicated and intellectually-aggressive administrative professional with proven expertise in office management. A self-starter who has excellent decision-making power, ability to negotiate and solve problems efficiently. Track record of ensuring the smooth running of day to day office operations while implementing effective expense control strategies.
- Reduced the overhead expenses by $5000 per month, through the implementation of cost-effective strategies for routine operations.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction level by 50%, through positive relationship building skills.
- Implemented a comprehensive supplies inventory system that ensured 100% availability of all supplies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Files Management
– Cash Handling
– Stock Ordering
– Payroll Processing
|– Work Delegation
– Inventory Management
– Client Relations
– Budget Handling
|– Record Keeping
– Time Management
– Accounts Payable
– Staff Appraisals
– Customer Service
- Hired, trained and motivated staff
- Coordinate and facilitate daily office activities to ensure the smooth running of the office
- Participate in the new hiring process in close coordination with the HR department
- Conduct regular staff meetings and orientations to implement new policies and procedures
- Monitor performance of staff and provide counseling
- Generate daily and weekly reports of performance
- Create accurate and timely payroll report
- Perform general record-keeping tasks
- Manage Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable
- Handle cash flow per company standards
- Greeted visitors and students, answered the telephone, and assisted students and coworkers
- Maintained the office calendar and managed appointments
- Responded to phone calls and handled correspondence
- Provided administrative and clerical support to the management
- Performed data entry and proofreading tasks
- Handled travel and reimbursement requests
- Typed, scanned, copied and filed documents
- Arranged meetings and took minutes of the meeting
Bachelor of Business Administration
TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY, Austin, TX – 2008
- Payroll processing using QuickBooks
- Office software, email, spreadsheets, and databases
- Microsoft Office Suite and PeachTree
Office Manager Resume Sample 2
3-9 Michael Drive, Troy, MI 63687
OFFICE MANAGEMENT / ADMINISTRATION
Relationship Building | Progress Monitoring | Staff Training
Dedicated, disciplined and meticulous leader, with 12+ years’ progressive management experience in busy and fast-paced office environments. A highly motivated individual who has a great ability to multitask while working under pressure. Strong aptitude for building rapport with office staff and customers to maintain a positive work atmosphere
Skilled in anticipating the needs of the office and fulfilling them promptly.
Communication & Interpersonal
Ability to communicate in three languages (English, Spanish and French). Exceptional interpersonal skills with a keen understanding of when to apply diplomacy.
Internet savvy with extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite and PeachTree software.
Strong grasp of accounting functions and protocols regarding payroll, budgets, and books.
Personal and Analytic
Strong problem-solving skills, a positive attitude, keen eye for detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Resolved major conflicts among staff, increasing efficiency of office by 50%.
- Reduced office expenditures by $40000 per annum, utilizing creative procurement techniques.
- Implemented office policies and ensured 100% compliance with the same.
- Planned and executed new office procedures, which resulted in a 20% increase in customer satisfaction.
Crafton, Troy, MI | Mar 2006 – Present
- Manage office services and operations effectively
- Control correspondence and manage filing systems
- Keep records of employees and work activities
- Manage supplies and inventory
- Schedule staff duties and oversee work as appropriate
- Write reports when instructed
- Assist the marketing department with promotional activities when necessary
ACLU, Troy, MI | Dec 2011 – Mar 2006
- Distributed and filed correspondence
- Managed paperwork and records
- Performed data entry tasks
- Assisted in managing appraisal documents
- Assisted in diary management and scheduling
- Managed procurement of supplies
Associate Of Arts in Administration
Troy Community College, Troy, MI – 2004
Majors: General Office Management