It is a good idea to go through some effective resume samples before you build your own. This practice equips candidates with various formats and layouts that trigger more creative ideas in the candidates’ minds. Here are a couple of helpful tips to keep in mind while resume building followed by a sample dental office manager resume.
• Don’t tell but Show: Space on a resume is wasted in stating your skills. Use bullet tables to highlight your skills instead and mention your accomplishments in bullet points that reflect the skills highlighted.
• Recent experience only: Employers are not interested in what you were doing 10 years back. Do not include experience from more than 7 years ago.
Below is a dental office manager resume sample for further guidance in this regard.
340 Silver Oaks Apt • Stuart, FL 34997 • (003) 222 – 4444 • elvis @ email . com
DENTAL OFFICE MANAGER
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: Highly tenacious, patient service oriented management professional having hands on experience in dental office management, appointment scheduling and record keeping. Pragmatic problem solver with proven interpersonal skills along with demonstrated ability to handle daily office issues and task-prioritize efficiently. Working knowledge of maintenance and hygiene standards of various dental equipment as per applicable OSHA guidelines. Excellent telephone etiquette. Bilingual; Fluent in English and Spanish.
SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
|• Patient Registrations||• Staff Supervision||• Supplies Requisition|
|• Appointment Scheduling||• Consultant Coordination||• Insurance Claim|
|• Record Keeping||• Front Office Procedures||• Database Management|
|• Hygiene Maintenance||• Equipment Repair||• OSHA Compliance|
• Reduced office running cost $15K annually by implementing cost effective energy conservation practices at the clinic
• Devised and implemented a computerized appointment setting mechanism that not only reduced manual effort but also enhanced accuracy of scheduling up till 100%
• Earned the ‘Most Punctual Employee’ title twice last year
SMILE BRANDS, Stuart, FL | Nov 2011 – Present
Dental Office Manager
• Manage the office budgeting details
• Ensure facility maintenance as per hygiene standards issued by OSHA
• Maintain all records with confidentiality
• Manage patient’s information database
• Coordinate with consultant dentists and shift appointments in case of consultant late-coming or leave
• Call vendors and get equipment repaired and serviced in case of damage or malfunction
DENTAL ONE, Stuart, FL | Mar 2006 – Nov 2011
Dental Office Assistant
• Ensured maintenance of the waiting area in a neat and clean condition
• Forwarded specialist referrals
• Acquired and replenished office supplies
• Processed insurance claims to respective firms and ensure timely release of funds
• Created business correspondence and weekly reports
• Managed patient flow and set appointments
ADVANCE COLLEGE OF HIGHER STUDIES, Stuart, FL – 2005
AAS in Dental Office Management
• Computer Usage and Applications
• Information Systems
• MS Office Applications
Last updated on