A bar manager is responsible for running a pub or a bar. The duties of a bar manager may range from managing and training staff, ensuring the implementation of hygiene-related procedures, and maintaining the quality of beverages and food served.
It is a customer-centered hospitality industry position therefore the job requires excellent people skills and a pleasant disposition.
Before writing a resume for a bar manager position, you have to know about the requirements and description of the role. You can use the following job duties in a bar manager resume.
Bar Manager Job Description
• Ensure smooth food and beverage operations at the bar throughout the day.
• Hire, train and manage bar staff such as bartenders and servers.
• Manage the cash flow and balance cash at day end.
• Devise new marketing and selling strategies to enhance sales.
• Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines.
• Maintain stock inventory and re-order items on time.
• Monitor the performance of employees and guide them as needed.
• Conduct routine maintenance of all beverage mixing machines, equipment, and kitchen electronics.
• Maintain healthy guest relations and PR with patrons and guests.
• Arrange special events within the bar area as per request.
Here is a bar sample manager resume to give you an idea of how to write a good resume
Bar Manager Resume Example
56 South East Avenue
Tampa, FL 77666
daniel. ralph @ email . com
Dynamic and dedicated, customer service-oriented professional with 4+ years of experience as a bar manager. A mixology expert with a genuine passion for cocktail mixing, hiring and training new staff, managing staff activities, assigning tasks and improving sales through effective guest service.
• Resource allocation and inventory management
• Food and beverage operations
• Menu setting
• Customer service, and guest relations
• Cocktail mixing
• Motivating staff
• Food and beverage handling protocols
Legends Hospitality, Tampa FL
Apr 2019 – Present
• Reduced order processing time by 5 minutes per order through intelligent reorganization of the workstations and kitchen counters.
• Increased work efficiency and productivity by 30% through the reassignment of duties according to the professional strengths of the workers based on performance analysis.
• Oversaw all bar functions and ensured smooth operations in the kitchen.
• Maintained productive PR and guest relations with all patrons and regular visitors.
• Took orders for, organized, and catered special events for clients.
• Kept track of inventory, managed cash flow and ensured availability of all items.
• Adhered to and implemented all state-issued rules and regulations related to health and hygiene standards.
Cigars International, Tampa, FL
May 2016 – Apr 2019
• Increased sales by $4000 per month by revamping the beverages display section.
• Introduced 2 new signature cocktails to the menu which enhanced clientele and sales considerably.
• Took orders and poured the customer’s drinks accordingly.
• Relayed food orders to the kitchen and served the same.
• Operated the cash drawer and collected cash against orders served.
• Kept the supplies inventory updated.
• Served orders to customers as required.
• Kept the bar area and seating area in neat and clean condition.
• Cleaned and disinfected the table tops and workstation tops throughout the day.
• Balanced the cash at day end.
• Ensured that all mixing and coffee machines are in neat clean and functional order.
Food Handlers License
Associates Degree in Arts
Horton College, Tampa, FL
English & Spanish