A bakery manager is responsible for making sure that the bakery is run smoothly and that any logistics are handled properly so that they do not hamper the business.
It is also the responsibility of a bakery manager to make sure that all front-end and back-end staff members are working as per schedule, and that any special orders are handled on a priority basis.
Working as a bakery manager means that you will need to possess great insight into food production and handling procedures.
Ensuring that sanitization procedures are properly carried out and managing food rotation activities will be all in a day’s work for you.
Do you want to know how to write a professional bakery manager resume?
Well, have a look at this sample of a resume for a bakery manager job:
Sample Resume for Bakery Manager Position
23 6th Street
Susanville, CA 96521
darlene.robson @ email . com
Results-oriented Bakery Manager with a proven track record of managing bakery functions and supervising staff to increase overall bakery performance and revenue. Demonstrated ability to handle inventory, pricing integrity, merchandising, and staffing. Recognized for achieving 100% sales and customer service targets. Effectively developed and supervised bakery staff to maintain bakery standards for safety, proper food handling, hygiene, and productivity.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Inventory Control • Customer Satisfaction
• Creative Fondant Use • Food Quality Standards
• Food Hygiene • Stock Management
• Recipe Development • Merchandise Rotation
• Cake Decoration • POS Handling
• Loss Control • Communication
• Successfully implemented a new employee training program which resulted in a 25% increase in efficiency.
• Managed budget with the outcome that weekly spending decreased by $5500, without any effect on bakery items’ quality.
• Introduced fondant cakes and pastries, resulting in a 45% increase in sales.
• Obtained 100% 5-star feedback from customers on google.
While You Eat, Susanville, CA
6/2015 – Present
• Manage inventory, pricing, and customer service tasks
• Provide appropriate customer service training to staff
• Hire, supervise and train all bakery employees, and perform a twice-yearly evaluation
• Manage all special orders requested by customers for special occasions
• Evaluate the bakery and determine strengths and weaknesses, and implement improvement strategies
• Manage the bakery to make sure standards of cleanliness and proper food handling are maintained
City Bakery, Susanville, CA
7/2007 – 6/2015
• Ordered all kinds of bakery products from authorized vendors
• Maintained quality and freshness of products through regular checking
• Prepared weekly reports for the bakery, including invoices, sales receipts, and weekly schedules
• Preserved retail prices as agreed upon, and made suggestions as to pricing structure improvements
• Developed recipes for bakery products and ensure that they were properly followed
Assistant Bakery Manager
EATWELL, Susanville, CA
1/2005 – 5/2007
• Helped maintain health and safety guidelines for the bakery
• Placed baked goods on shelves keeping in mind food hygiene and cleanliness
• Assisted in handling inventory of supplies and ingredients
• Took orders for special occasions and ensured that they were managed on time
• Processed credit card and cash payments and handled advances for big/special orders
Associate of Science Degree in Baking and Pastry Management
City Community College, Susanville, CA
Bakery Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The following are common job description statements for a bakery manager. You can use some of these phrases in your resume.
- Open and close the bakery in accordance with set timetables.
- Create and implement staff schedules to ensure that all staff members are working properly and are stationed appropriately.
- Oversee the work of bakers and food preparers while ensuring that they are properly following standards of hygiene and sanitation.
- Supervise front-end employees to ensure high-quality services to bakery patrons and new customers.
- Greet customers as they enter the bakery and assist them in choosing bakery products.
- Properly packed or wrap bakery products according to the specifications of the customers.
- Perform bakery display management work to ensure that all products are aesthetically placed in display boxes.
- Provide training to bakery staff members and assist the higher management in performing HR functions to hire additional staff.
- Control the ordering of ingredients and packaging from suppliers and vendors to ensure supply and storage consistency.
- Handle food waste by properly recording and monitoring its passage, and ensuring that it is kept away from food products and utensils.
- Ensure that the kitchen areas are left clean and tidy at the end of each shift, by following proper cleaning and sanitization protocols.
See also: Bakery Manager Cover Letter Sample