If you’ve never been a hiring manager, you probably don’t know how hard it is to choose between the dozens, sometimes hundreds, of resumes you get for each job you advertise.
What on earth are you going to look at, what will be the deciding factor? To let you in on a little secret, it’s the keywords.
The keywords that the hiring manager wrote in the job advertisement are what he or she will be looking for, so make sure that you put them into your resume for the bakery manager position.
Want to know how to write a professional resume, with all the tricks put in?
Well, have a look at this sample of a resume for a bakery manager:
Sample Resume for Bakery Manager Position
23 6th Street, Susanville, CA 96521
darlene.robson @ email . com
Results-oriented Bakery Manager with a proven track record of managing bakery functions and supervising staff to increase overall performance. Demonstrated ability to handle inventory, pricing integrity, merchandising, and staffing. Recognized for achieving 100% sales and customer service targets. Effectively trains develop and supervises bakery staff. Qualified to maintain bakery standards for safety, proper food handling, hygiene, and productivity.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Inventory Control
• Customer Satisfaction
• Creative Fondant Use
• Food Quality Standards
• Food Hygiene
• Stock Management
• Recipe Development
• Merchandise Rotation
• Cake Decoration
• POS Handling
• Loss Control
• Successfully implemented a new employee training program which resulted in a 25% increase in efficiency.
• Managed budget with the outcome that weekly spending decreased by $5500, without any effect on bakery items quality.
• Made a case against and terminated 3 employees involved in embezzlement from the POS system.
• Introduced fondant cakes and pastries resulting in a 45% increase in sales.
While You Eat, Susanville, CA
(6/2015 to Present)
• Manage inventory, pricing, and customer service by bakery employees, as well as providing appropriate customer service training
• Hire, supervise and train all bakery employees, and perform a twice-yearly evaluation
• Manage all special orders requested by customers for special occasions
• Evaluate the bakery and determine strengths and weaknesses, and implement improvement strategies
• Manage the bakery to make sure standards of cleanliness and proper food handling are maintained
City Bakery, Susanville, CA
(7/2007 to 6/2015)
• Ordered all kinds of bakery products from authorized vendors
• Maintained quality and freshness of products through regular checking
• Prepared weekly report for the bakery, including invoices, sales receipts, and weekly schedules
• Preserved retail prices as agreed upon, and made suggestions as to pricing structure improvements
• Developed recipes for bakery products and ensure that they were properly followed
Assistant Bakery Manager
EATWELL, Susanville, CA
(1/2005 to 5/2007)
• Helped maintain health and safety guidelines for the bakery
• Placed baked goods on shelves keeping in mind food hygiene and cleanliness
• Assisted in handling inventory of supplies and ingredients
• Took orders for special occasions and ensured that they were managed on time
• Processed credit card and cash payments and handled advances for big/special orders
Baking and Pastry Management Associate in Science – 2004
City Community College, Susanville, CA