A bar manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a bar. This job requires strong interpersonal skills, the ability to manage a team, leadership qualities, and bartending skills.
In order to apply for a bar manager position, you will need to write a compelling cover letter. A cover letter is your chance of getting noticed in a busy job market.
How to Write a Good Cover Letter for Bar Manager Resume?
- Do some research and find out the name of the hiring manager, and address your letter directly to the concerned person.
- 2Introduce yourself in a relatable manner by stating your job-relevant experience or training first.
- Highlight some of your job-related skills and qualifications, but make sure these are in line with the recruiters’ job requirements.
- Showcase some of your professional achievements to let the reader know what you are capable of in terms of numbers.
Here is a sample cover letter for you to get ideas from:
Bar Manager Cover Letter Example
San Diego, CA
45 Sunset Avenue
thomas .martin @ email . com
November 7, 2022
Mr. Hart Myers
213 South East Lane
San Diego, CA
Dear Mr. Myers:
I am writing to apply for your position of Bar Manager at ABC Bar. After reading the job description, I couldn’t wait to apply because I strongly believe that my profile is the right fit for your requirements. I’m very keen to take on new challenges in a busy bar setting.
I am a seasoned bar manager with a passion for mixology. I bring strong leadership and management skills along with a track record of initiating and maintaining positive PR and fruitful guest relations. Working in the hospitality industry for the past six years I am now well versed in and fully compliant with all applicable health and hygiene protocols as well.
I have summarized some of my professional accomplishments below to serve as a trailer for my potential.
- Reduced order processing time by 5 minutes on average by revamping the workstations
- Increased sales by up to $4000 per month by restructuring the drinks and food menu
- Introduced 2 new cocktails based on customer preferences which made their way to the regular menu due to popularity
At my previous workplace, I was known as a people person and due to my strong social skills, I found my job to be very interesting. In addition to being methodical and detail-oriented, I like meeting people and have a special knack for breaking communication barriers. You will find me a team leader in true spirit.
I am eager to discuss the possibility of my working as a bar manager further. Thank you for your time and consideration.