The hospitality world requires services a lot of people to help run its operations smoothly.
There are many things to be taken into account as ensuring a recurring business is not easy and needs continuous effort.
Providing the best in hospitality services is not possible with the effort of just one individual; many people work cooperatively to achieve a single goal, i.e., customer satisfaction. When resumes for a hospitality position are reviewed, there are many things that employers consider, the top of the list is an individual’s ability to keep customers happy.
Hotel assistant managers run the entire business especially in large hotels where the general manager may not be able to perform all that is required to keep it running. They need to complete many tasks in a single day, the significant part being front desk management and customer interaction.
Assistant managers are required to keep in constant contact with customers to ensure that they are well looked after by the hotel staff. Primarily, they supervise staff to ensure that everyone is following orders and motivate employees on a constant basis.
If you have a relevant degree in business or hospitality or experience to back you up, you may become a good hotel assistant manager. The following resume sample will help someone applying for a position as a hotel assistant manager.
Hotel Assistant Manager Resume Example
56 Express Boulevard | Houma, LA 77903 | (999) 900-9999 | Email
HOTEL ASSISTANT MANAGER
• Over 12 years’ experience working in the hospitality sector
• Keen understanding of interacting professionally keeping the company’s interests in check
• Excellent working knowledge of ensuring that service standards are maintained in a continuous manner
• Conversant with employing operations directed at positive guest experience and satisfaction
SYNOPSIS OF ACHIEVEMENTS
• Proactive analytic and problem resolution skills led to gaining a major company account lost earlier due to the negligence of a staff member.
• Reorganized the staff scheduling system which led to increased efficiency on the front desk.
Hyatt, Houma, LA | Jan 2007 – Present
Hotel Assistant Manager
• Assist hotel manager in ensuring high-quality guest service provision.
• Schedule employees to ensure all stations are manned appropriately.
• Interact with guests to gain feedback on service.
• Perform drills to provide constant training.
• Supervise hotel staff to ensure the provision of excellent customer services.
• Manage conflicts and resolve issues following the hotel’s protocols.
• Oversee daily accounting procedures.
• Manage daily sales reports as instructed.
• Coordinate the efforts of different departments to ensure the smooth running of the business.
• Solicit business from new accounts and ensure recurring business from current guests.
Marriott, Houma, LA | Jun 2006 – Jan 2007
Front Desk Associate
• Manned the front desk as directed.
• Greeted guests as they arrived and provided information on hotel services.
• Answered telephone calls and managed room bookings.
• Managed office supplies and inventory control.
• Filed records and organized office space.
Louisiana State University, New York, NY
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality