If you are a fully qualified legal secretary and have applied at various places but had no success, it is possible that your resume is not compelling.
To address this issue, you will need to rewrite your resume.
In order to make an attractive resume, you have to make sure that it perfectly caters to the needs of the employers.
Remember, relevance is essential to getting your resume noticed. That said, any irrelevant skills or experiences don’t need to be mentioned.
Also, keep your resume short and compelling.
Here are two resume examples for the legal secretary position to assist you in writing your own.
Legal Secretary Resume Sample 1
2110 Derek Drive, Washington, DC
Versatile and results-driven Legal Secretary with 11+ years of litigation experience with state and federal courts. Good grasp on trial pleadings and file preparation for court hearings. Commendable skills in filing appeals, processing bankruptcies, and preparing legal briefs. Performs varied and complex legal secretarial work efficiently in the office of an attorney or general counsel.
• Reorganized the filing system leveraging effective cataloging strategies that led to a 50% reduction in retrieval time.
• Streamlined the documentation process ensuring 100% case validity.
• Enhanced the efficiency of case file preparation by 60% through careful case analysis and effective organization of evidence.
ROPES AND GREY, Washington, DC
• Prepare 10+ legal documents per day and assist in litigation project management.
• Perform case-related research and compile all researched material.
• Draft correspondence and pleading documents under the supervision of the attorney.
• Prepare legal briefs for filing in appeal courts.
LEGAL PRACTICE, Washington, DC
• Answered telephone calls and scheduled meetings.
• Maintained attorney’s calendar on a daily basis.
• Checked legal citations for accuracy.
• Assisted the attorney in brief preparation.
Community College, Washington, DC – 2007
A.S. Criminal Justice
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Typing – Transcription
– Ordinance Issuance – Presentation
– Docket Management – Calendar Keeping –
– Clerical Support – Case Coordination
– File Tracking – Legal Pleadings
– Trial Notes – Witness Summoning
Legal Secretary Resume Sample 2
722 Park Street, Willow Springs, MO 99383
Enjoys taking new challenges in the legal arena.
Seeking a position as a Legal Secretary with ABC Law Firm utilizing exceptional clerical skills and knowledge of legal matters to provide active support to the attorney.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years’ hands-on exposure to the legal field
• Highly skilled in providing routine secretarial services to attorneys to ensure sound management of work.
• In-depth knowledge of retrieving information and performing research tasks.
• Proficient in liaising with attorneys, courts, witnesses, victims, and other agencies as required.
• Proven ability to organize and maintain office administration work.
• Excellent command of legal terminology.
• Highly familiar with briefs and pleading procedures.
• Introduced the concept of the file management system for Acme Legal Services, being run on conventional methods of inventory and file retrieval thereby saving time by 30%.
• Achieved appreciation letter three times.
ABC LEGAL SERVICES, Willow Springs, MO
Apr 2021 – Present
• Liaise with the attorney’s office and other agencies including clients.
• Schedule attorneys’ calendars concerning court dates and client appointments.
• Assemble documents and keep a check on pending cases.
• Maintain a legal library and perform research activities about cases.
• Gather data for surveys.
• Type legal documents.
• Organize, maintain and retrieve case files as and when required.
LIBERTY MUTUAL – Orange, CA
Jun 2019 – Apr 2021
• Performed legal research through manual and electronic sources.
• Assisted attorneys in brief and opinion writing.
• Prepared draft memos.
• Collected and gathered facts and relevant case information.
• Drafted pleadings and motions.
• Assisted lawyers and attorneys in preparing for depositions and trials.
CITY LAW COLLEGE, Orange, CA
Associate of Arts in Law
“I am known for managing all legal tasks in a time-effective manner.”