A legal file clerk may be hired at the entry level, or for an experienced position.
Regardless of the level, one has to write a resume that is a true knockout!
When applying for this position, one has to ensure that the resume speaks volumes for one’s ability to handle clerical and administrative work in a legal capacity.
Your resume for a legal file clerk position needs to highlight that you are capable of a lot more than just filing records.
Here is a sample that you can take reference from:
See also: Legal File Clerk Cover Letter
Legal File Clerk Resume Sample
8 Providence Road, Essex, VT 69109
LEGAL FILE CLERK
Competent, resourceful, and organized individual, with 6+ years of experience of working in busy legal firms. Highly qualified to handle clerical, and administrative task associated with legal cases. Deeply familiar with sorting and organizing case files, and ensuring that they are properly maintained, both digitally, and manually.
– Database Management
– File Updating
- Introduced the concept of electronic filing, as a result, increased file management efficiency by 65%.
- Implemented an indexing system, hence, decreased file retrieval time by 80%.
- Proved to be invaluable to a case, by uncovering a piece of evidence at the last minute.
- Spearheaded a training program for interns, and received accolades from the firm management.
Legal File Clerk
Gregory and Gregory Attorneys, Essex, VT | 2016-present
- Check all case files in order to ensure that they possess accurate and complete information.
- Maintain and update physical and electronic legal files.
- Ensure that consistency is maintained throughout the filing system.
- Prepare and maintain legal correspondence in accordance with instructions.
- Compile legal documents, as well as maintain an organized filing system.
- Deliver documentation to courthouses and other locations as required.
- Respond to queries over the telephone an in person.
- Maintain attorney schedules and calendars.
- Respond to requests for file retrieval according to protocol.
The Attorneys, Essex, VT | 2013-2016
- Managed the telephone exchange, and responded to inquiries.
- Assisted file clerks in maintaining files and records.
- Researched information regarding cases.
- Ensured that researched information was properly presented to the attorney.
- Handled legal documents copying and scanning work.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
Vermont State University, Essex, VT