A legal assistant provides legal support such as preparation of legal documents and research for cases to the attorney.
In order to apply for this position, a candidate needs to possess some legal education background and clerical work experience.
Choose a style for your resume that is plain and easy to read. Emphasize your skills and accomplishments in the law and clerical arena.
Refer to the resume samples below to get a better idea.
Legal Assistant Resume Sample 1
782 Yates Drive, Hendersonville, NC 12891
t.hanks @ email .com
Delivering a range of legal documentation and communication support.
Results-driven Legal Assistant with 6+ years’ proven track record of working in fast-paced legal environments. Outstanding communication and research skills along with a strong passion for excellence and contagious enthusiasm.
- Able to use logic and reasoning to evaluate cases according to legal codes, court procedures, executive orders, and government regulations.
- Functional ability to apply general legal rules to specific situations to produce “big picture” cases.
- Exceptional talent for gathering and appropriately using statues, decisions, legal articles and codes in sync with complicated precedences.
- Excellent organization skills aimed at monitoring legal volumes to ensure updated libraries.
– Drafting Pleadings
– Appointment Scheduling
– Case Research
– Discovery Preparation
– Meetings Organization
– Legal Terminology
– Documents Filing
– Workflow Processing
– Correspondence Handling
– Client Confidentiality
– Dictation Transcription
– Customer Service
– Files Maintenance
– Witness Scheduling
- Created and implemented a precedence research system that brought search results 50% faster than conventional methods.
- Introduced the concept of online searching for legal information by establishing and outlining legitimate links.
- Set up a records management system which decreased retrieval of legal records by 32%.
- Decreased overhead costs $25000 annually by suggesting the use of alternative energy during the summer months.
David and Diamond, LLP, Hendersonville, NC
6/2016 – Present
- Perform and compile case related research.
- Prepare and revise legal documentation.
- Manage legal libraries and other information sources.
- Organize legal files and databases.
- Take telephone calls and furnish information or requests.
- Schedule staff meeting and appointments.
- Arrange interviews with clients and keep records of commitments.
- Open and close case files and provide precedence information to attorneys after performing detailed research.
- Manage attorneys’ calendars and provide them with regular reminders.
- Close corporate transactions such as mergers and acquisitions.
- Draft correspondence and prepare memos and spreadsheets.
National Finance Corporation, Hendersonville, NC
- Answered telephone calls and provided callers with information on legal services.
- Scheduled clients’ appointment and provided them with reminders.
- Assisted in composing legal documents such as memos and letters.
- Handled filing and record management activities.
- Provided support for updating, revising and rewriting legal contracts.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Associate’s Degree in Law
North Carolina Technical College, Hendersonville, NC
- MS Office Suite
- Paralegal Software
“I offer great attention to detail and strong time-management skills.”
Legal Assistant Resume Sample 2 (Less Experience)
deidre @ email . com
To obtain a position as a Legal Assistant with ABC Law Firm utilizing exceptional legal and secretarial skills in an environment conducive to mutual growth and development.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Legal Assistant.
- Highly skilled in assisting attorneys with managing legal documents.
- Seasoned n organizing and handling document productions for litigation.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing reports and performing research activities.
- Ability to work well under moderate supervision
- Adept at drafting routine motions and legal memos
- Good organizational and research skills
- Deadline oriented
- Familiar with advanced legal terminology
- Competent in MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reorganized documentation procedure by managing all documents in a prescribed database, shortening retrieval time by 25%.
- Improved office administrative operations by managing manual file systems appropriately.
Attorneys’ Unit – Middletown, DE
August 2020 – Present
- Assist with the preparation of legal documents.
- Assist in litigation procedures and project management.
- Respond to clients’ inquiries.
- Perform research activities on precedents and other information.
- Schedule appointments and take phone calls.
- Organize law libraries and case files.
- Coordinate outside attorney services such as court filing and exhibits management.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
B.A., Law – 2020
Middletown City University, Middletown, DE
General Office Administration Diploma – 2019