A driver is responsible for driving different kinds of vehicles and providing customer service while ensuring that passengers reach their destination safely and comfortably.
Besides, excellent map reading skills and the ability to drive carefully is essential for a driver as other people’s lives depend on them.
If you are seeking a driver position, then you will need to build a compelling resume as it is an essential part of your job application process.
As a matter of fact, your resume will help potential employers in the selection process.
How to Write a Driver Resume?
- Start a driver resume with a performance summary.
- Write details of your licenses, training, and certifications.
- List your driving skills and abilities in a separate section.
- Keep your resume to-the-point; do not write unnecessary and non-relevant information.
- Include information about your ability to navigate, read maps and use GPS and knowledge of traffic rules.
Related: Driver Cover Letter
Driver Resume Sample 1
887 S 400 East Street, Payson, UT 55343
Positive Attitude | Professional Demeanor | Hand-eye Coordination
Reliable and safety-oriented Driver with nine years’ hands-on experience in light and heavy vehicle driving. Committed to ensuring the safety of passengers, merchandise, and vehicle. Excellent problem-solver who responds quickly in emergencies. Proven ability to read maps and use GPS systems. Great hand-eye coordination.
Class B CDL with P1
- Familiar with city routes, locations, and addresses.
- Able to perform minor repairs on different kinds of vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to keep the vehicle clean at all times.
- Attained Driver of the Year award by the company for managing one million accident-free miles in 2018.
- Clean driving record – No tickets, no points, no accidents.
PROFESSIONAL DRIVING EXPERIENCE
ABC Company, Payson, UT 2010-present
- Safely transport office staff from one place to another on assigned routes.
- Transport cargo to different destinations.
- Efficiently assist passengers in securing wheelchairs and providing other mobility services.
- Ensure appropriate and timely maintenance of vehicles.
- Provide customer service to individuals as they reach the destination.
- Support loaders for loading and unloading of merchandise.
- Perform vehicle inspection for preventive maintenance.
- Make minor repairs as and when necessary.
City Cargo – Carrizo Springs, TX 2006-2010
- Followed maps to deliver the merchandise.
- Obtained valid signature on delivery documents.
- Operated boom crane and other truck-mounted equipment.
- Completed daily truck inspection.
- Maintained the driver’s log book.
Houston High School, Houston, TX 2004
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Able to operate a computer and perform necessary arithmetic calculations
- Flexible schedule; available at nights, weekends and early mornings
Driver Resume Sample 2
| 290 Classy St, Fairfield, CT 64344|
(003) 745 – 2012
❖❖ DRIVER ❖❖
Bringing sound driving expertise, strong customer service acumen and effective time-management skills.
CDL with Connecticut route permit.
Safety-oriented and dependable Driver with successful driving experience spanning over 11 years. Exceptional GPS and navigation skills amalgamated with sound knowledge of traffic laws. Extended expertise in limo chauffeuring with a clean and accident-free driving record. Familiar with city and state routes. Recognized for ability to read, understand and instructions. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Luggage Loading||– Map Reading||– Route Coordination|
|– Preventive Maintenance||– Record Keeping||– Passenger Assistance|
|– Best Route Selection||– Log Maintenance||– Organization|
|– Vehicle Inspection||– Oil/Water Level Check||– DOT Guidelines|
BAUER’S WORLDWIDE TRANSPORTATION, Fairfield, CT
Driver | 9/2011 – Present
- Reduced fuel consumption costs of the assigned vehicles by 30% through effective implementation of RPM controlled driving.
- Attained the ‘Most Responsible Driver’ of the year award in 2013.
- Respond to company wireless messages and reach communicated destinations timely to receive guests.
- Use GPS based systems for navigation.
- Load and unload luggage safely.
- Conduct periodic preventive maintenance of the vehicle and maintain logs for the same.
KING’S LIMO SERVICE, Fairfield, CT
Limousine Driver | 5/2008 – 8/2011
- Enhanced number of regular route customers by 20% during the first year of employment.
- Demonstrated superior customer care and watchful driving skills.
- Picked up guests from assigned locations and dropped them off at desired destinations.
- Provided information about local hotels if required.
- Maintained records of gas fill as per company policy and guidelines.
ST. PAUL’S HIGH SCHOOL, Fairfield, CT – 2008
- Delivery Driver Resume No Experience
- Driver Interview
- Car Driver Resume Sample
- Bus Driver Resume Template
- Truck Driver Resume Samle
- Delivery Driver Resume Example
- Limo Driver Resume
- Sample Pizza Delivery Driver Resume
- Best CDL Driver Resume