A driver is responsible for driving different kinds of vehicles and providing customer service while ensuring that passengers reach to their destination safely and comfortably. In addition, good map reading skills and the ability to drive carefully is important for a driver as other people’s lives depend on them.
If you are seeking a driver position, you should build a compelling resume as it is an essential part of your job application process. Your resume will help potential employers in the selection process.
Driver Resume Tips
• Your resume must contain the details of your licenses, training and certifications.
• Keep your resume to-the-point; do not write unnecessary and non-relevant information.
• Include information about your ability to navigate, read maps and use GPS and knowledge of traffic rules.
Related: Driver Cover Letter for Resume
Driver Resume Sample 1
887 S 400 East Street, Payson, UT 55343 | (000) 584-7515 | Email
Positive attitude and professional demeanor
Reliable and safety-oriented Driver with 9 years’ hands-on experience in light and heavy vehicle driving. Committed to ensuring the safety of passengers, merchandise and vehicle. Excellent problem-solver who responds quickly in emergency situations. Proven ability to read maps and use GPS systems. Great hand-eye coordination.
• Familiar with routes, locations and addresses in and around city
• Able to perform minor repairs on different kinds of vehicles
• Demonstrated ability to keep the vehicle clean all times
Class B CDL with P1
• Attained Driver of the Year award by the company for managing one million accident free miles in 2008.
• Clean driving record – No tickets, no points, no accidents.
Driver | ABC Company, Payson, UT | Jun 2010 – Present
• Safely transport office staff from one place to another on assigned routes
• Transport cargo to different places
• Effectively assist passengers in securing wheelchairs and providing other mobility services
• Ensure appropriate and timely maintenance of vehicles
• Provide customer service to individuals as they reach destination
• Support loaders in loading and unloading of merchandise
• Perform vehicle inspection to preventive maintenance
• Make minor repairs as and when necessary
Delivery Driver | City Cargo – Carrizo Springs, TX | May 2006 – Jun 2010
• Followed maps to deliver the merchandise
• Obtained valid signature on delivery documents
• Operated boom crane or other truck-mounted equipment
• Completed daily truck inspection
• Maintained driver log book
G.E.D | Houston High School, Houston, TX – 2004
• Ability to lift 30 lbs
• Able to operate computer and perform basic arithmetic calculations
• Flexible schedule: Available at nights, weekends or early morning
Driver Resume Sample 2
| 290 Classy Apartments • Fairfield, CT 64344
(003) 745 – 2012 • martin @ email . com
❖❖ DRIVER ❖❖
Bringing sound driving expertise, strong customer service acumen and effective time-management skills.
CDL Holder with Connecticut route permit.
Safety-oriented and dependable Driver with successful driving experience spanning over 7 years. Exceptional GPS and navigation skills amalgamated with sound knowledge of traffic laws. Extended experience in limo chauffeuring with a clean and accident free driving record. Familiar with city and state routes. Recognized for ability to read, understand and instructions. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|– Luggage Loading||– Map Reading||– Route Coordination|
|– Preventive Maintenance||– Record Keeping||– Passenger Assistance|
|– Best Route Selection||– Log Maintenance||– Organization|
|– Vehicle Inspection||– Oil/Water Level Check||– DOT Guidelines|
BAUER’S WORLDWIDE TRANSPORTATION, Fairfield, CT
Driver | 9/2011 – Present
• Reduced fuel consumption costs of the assigned vehicle by 30% through effective implementation of RPM controlled driving
• Attained the award ‘Most Responsible Driver’ of year award in 2013
• Respond to company wireless messages and reach communicated destinations timely to receive guests
• Use GPS based systems for navigation
• Load and unload luggage safely
• Conduct periodic preventive maintenance of the vehicle and maintain logs for same
KING’S LIMO SERVICE, Fairfield, CT
Limousine Driver | 5/2008 to 8/2011
• Enhanced number of regular route customers by 20% during first year of employment through demonstration of matchless customer care and watchful driving skills
• Picked up guests from assigned locations and dropped them off to desired destinations
• Provided information about local hotels if required and maintained records of gas fill as per company policy and guidelines
Diploma: ST. PAUL’S HIGH SCHOOL, Fairfield, CT – 2008