If you are seeking a driver position, then you will need to build a compelling resume as it is an essential part of your job application materials.
This document helps employers in the selection process.
How to Write a Winning Resume for a Driver Job?
- Start with a professional summary statement.
- Write details about your licenses, training, and certifications.
- List your driving skills and abilities in a separate section.
- Keep your resume to-the-point; that said, do not write unnecessary and non-relevant information.
- Add information about your ability to navigate, maps reading/GPS, and knowledge of traffic rules.
Driver Resume Example 1
887 S 400 East Street, Payson, UT 55343
Positive Attitude | Professional Demeanor | Hand-eye Coordination
Reliable and safety-oriented Driver with 9 years of hands-on experience in light and heavy vehicle driving. Committed to ensuring the safety of passengers, merchandise, and vehicle at all times. Excellent problem-solver who responds quickly in emergencies. Proven ability to read maps and use GPS systems. Great hand-eye coordination.
Class B CDL with Passenger Endrosement
- Familiar with city routes, locations, and addresses
- Able to perform minor repairs on different kinds of vehicles
- Demonstrated ability to keep the vehicle clean at all times
- Attained Driver of the Year award by the company for managing one million accident-free miles in 2018.
- Clean driving record – No tickets, no points, no accidents.
PROFESSIONAL DRIVING EXPERIENCE
ABC Company, Payson, UT
- Safely transport office staff on assigned routes
- Transport cargo to different destinations
- Efficiently assist passengers in securing wheelchairs and providing other mobility services
- Ensure appropriate and timely maintenance of vehicles
- Provide customer service to individuals as they reach the destination
- Support loaders for loading and unloading of merchandise
- Perform vehicle inspection for preventive maintenance
- Make minor repairs as and when necessary
City Cargo – Carrizo Springs, TX
- Followed maps to deliver the merchandise
- Obtained valid signature on delivery documents
- Operated boom crane and other truck-mounted equipment
- Completed daily truck inspection
- Maintained the driver’s logbook
Houston High School, Houston, TX – 2004
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Able to operate a computer and perform necessary arithmetic calculations
- Flexible schedule; available at nights, weekends and early mornings
Driver Resume Sample 2
290 Classy St, Fairfield, CT 64344
❖❖ DRIVER ❖❖
Driving expertise, reliable customer service awareness, and effective time-management skills.
Safety-oriented and dependable Driver with successful driving experience spanning over 11 years. In-depth knowledge of traffic laws, with a clean and accident-free driving record. Recognized for the ability to read, understand, and instructions. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Current CDL with Connecticut route permit
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Luggage Loading | Preventive Maintenance
Best Route Selection | Vehicle Inspection
Map Reading | Record Keeping
Log Maintenance | Oil/Water Level Check
ABC Transportation, Fairfield, CT
- Reduced fuel consumption costs by 30% through RPM controlled driving
- Attained the ‘Most Responsible Driver’ of the year award in 2018
- Responded to wireless messages and reach destinations timely to pick and drop guests
- Used GPS based systems for navigation
- Loaded and unloaded luggage safely
- Conducted periodic preventive maintenance of the vehicle
King’s Limo, Fairfield, CT
- Enhanced the number of regular route customers by 20% during the first year of employment
- Demonstrated superior road safety and watchful driving skills
- Picked up guests from assigned locations and dropped them off at desired destinations
- Provided information about local hotels if required
- Maintained records of gas fill as per company policy and guidelines
ST. PAUL’S HIGH SCHOOL, Fairfield, CT – 2008