If you are seeking a driver position, then you will need to build a compelling resume as it is an essential part of your job application materials. This document helps employers in the selection process.
A driver resume contains information about your qualifications, experience, education, skills, and driving achievements. It is written to attract a recruiter to call you for an interview in order to know more about your driving abilities.
How to Write a Winning Resume for a Driver Job?
- Start your resume with a professional summary or objective statement.
- Write details about your driving experiences, licenses, training, and certifications.
- List your driving skills and abilities in a separate section.
- Keep your resume to the point, and do not write unnecessary and non-relevant information.
- Add information about your ability to navigate, maps reading/GPS, and knowledge of traffic rules.
Related: Driver Cover Letter
Driver Resume Example 1
Positive Attitude | Professional Demeanor | Hand-eye Coordination
Reliable and safety-oriented Driver with 9 years of hands-on experience in light and heavy vehicle driving. Committed to ensuring the safety of passengers, merchandise, and vehicle at all times. Excellent problem-solver who responds quickly in emergencies. Proven ability to read maps and use GPS systems. Great hand-eye coordination.
Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement
- Familiar with city routes, locations, and addresses
- Able to perform minor repairs on different kinds of vehicles
- Demonstrated ability to keep the vehicle clean at all times
- Attained Driver of the Year award by the company for driving one million accident-free miles in 2018.
- Clean driving record
PROFESSIONAL DRIVING EXPERIENCE
ABC Company, Payson, UT
- Safely transport office staff on assigned routes
- Transport cargo to different destinations
- Efficiently assist passengers in securing wheelchairs and providing other mobility services
- Ensure appropriate and timely maintenance of vehicles
- Provide customer service to individuals as they reach the destination
- Support loaders for loading and unloading of merchandise
- Perform vehicle inspection for preventive maintenance
- Make minor repairs as and when necessary
City Cargo – Carrizo Springs, TX
- Followed maps to deliver the merchandise
- Obtained valid signature on delivery documents
- Operated boom crane and other truck-mounted equipment
- Completed daily truck inspection
- Maintained the driver’s logbook
Houston High School, Houston, TX – 2004
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Able to operate a computer and perform necessary arithmetic calculations
- Flexible schedule; available at nights, weekends, and early mornings
Driver Resume Sample 2
❖❖ DRIVER ❖❖
“I offer driving expertise, reliable customer service awareness, and effective time-management skills.“
Safety-oriented and dependable Driver with successful driving experience spanning over 11 years. In-depth knowledge of traffic laws, with a clean and accident-free driving record. Recognized for the ability to read, understand, and instructions. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Current CDL with Connecticut route permit
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Luggage Loading | Preventive Maintenance
Best Route Selection | Vehicle Inspection
Map Reading | Record Keeping
Log Maintenance | Oil/Water Level Check
ABC Transportation, Fairfield, CT
- Reduced fuel consumption costs by 30% through RPM-controlled driving
- Attained the ‘Most Responsible Driver’ of the year award in 2021
- Responded to wireless messages and reach destinations timely to pick up and drop off guests
- Used GPS-based systems for navigation
- Loaded and unloaded luggage safely
- Conducted periodic preventive maintenance of the vehicle
King’s Limo, Fairfield, CT
5/2012 – 8/2018
- Enhanced the number of regular route customers by 20% during the first year of employment
- Demonstrated superior road safety and watchful driving skills
- Picked up guests from assigned locations and dropped them off at desired destinations
- Provided information about local hotels if required
- Maintained records of gas fill as per company policy and guidelines
City High School, Fairfield, CT – 2008
Driver Duties and Responsibilities
Take a look at the following driver job descriptions according to their placement. You can use these phrases to build the ‘work history’ or ‘experience’ section of your resume.
Company Driver Job Description
• Drive company vehicles to pick up or drop off employees.
• Deliver documents and files to required destinations.
• Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient.
• Keep the vehicle clean and maintained at all times.
• Perform preventative and regular maintenance on the vehicle.
Dump Truck Driver Job Description
• Transport loose materials like gravel, rock, sand, and dirt to required destinations.
• Follow a schedule to ensure timely delivery.
• Chart out the best route possible to save time.
• Verify the types of materials being loaded on the vehicle.
• Perform appropriate maintenance and keep the truck clean.
Concrete Truck Driver Job Description
• Drive trucks carrying concrete from one place to another.
• Operate truck to ensure appropriate mixing and pouring of cement on job sites.
• Perform loading and unloading duties.
• Manage daily inspections of the vehicle.
• Maintain mileage logs.
Bus Driver Job Description
• Pick up passengers and drop them off at their destinations.
• Provide tickets to passengers.
• In the case of carrying students, ensure appropriate behavior is maintained.
• Assist passengers and students on and off the bus.
• Ensure proper maintenance of the bus.
Limousine/Taxi Driver Job Description
• Pick up guests and passengers and drop them off at their required destinations.
• Assist passengers in embarking and disembarking.
• Assist with loading and unloading luggage.
• Choose the best routes to destinations by using maps and GPS.
Forklift Driver Job Description
• Load and unload materials on and off pallets.
• Perform checks on materials and equipment being carried.
• Drive forklift from one destination to another to ensure the delivery of material and equipment.
• Ensure all product data is logged appropriately.
• Ensure maintenance of the forklift periodically.
Driver Skills and Qualifications for Resume
In order to build a compelling driver resume, you need to write your most relevant skills and qualifications as per the needs of the prospective employer. The following are some sample skills for a driver that you can use either in the skills or qualifications section of your resume.
- Highly skilled in driving light and heavy vehicles.
- Competent at checking the vehicle for problems and performing pre/post-trip maintenance tasks.
- Excellent driving record.
- Knowledge of city streets, routes, and addresses.
- Excellent GPS and navigation skills.
- Skilled in contacting passengers by phone and arranging the pick-up time.
- Talented in preparing and efficiently making the route.
- Known for demonstrating a high level of courtesy and professionalism to passengers and coworkers.
- Committed to helping passengers efficiently when loading and unloading their luggage.
- Well-versed in the cleaning of both the inside and outside of the vehicle.
- Proven record of picking up passengers and listening to their concerns.
- Able to give accurate and detailed information about routes and journeys.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a secure environment for passengers and employers while in transit.
- Known for transporting passengers in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
- Adept at collecting fares.
- Thorough understanding of motor vehicle engine functionality.
- Practical skills in maintaining the log of mileage, the number of trips, passengers, and destinations.
- Familiar with all traffic laws and regulations.
- Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Exceptional talent to interact with guests and clients respectfully and amicably.
Soft Skills for Driver Resume
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills
- Friendly disposition
- Time management
- Neat and professional appearance
- Able to work independently
- Team Collaboration
- Flexible schedule
- Able to lift heavy items
this resume is best example that iam going to use
Dear Lumori Luke Diko:
Thank you very much for your appreciation and feedback. Our team is working hard to craft the best resume and cover letter samples for our readers.
I like the way you are writing the resume and I am going to use it
Thank you so much, your resume is perfect.
may God bless you.
We all put in a lot of effort; thank you for acknowledging our hard work
Does this also work for those applying for organization drivers, or it is a bit different??
You can use one of these samples to apply in any organization.