A legal secretary’s work focuses on the lawyers and clients assisting within an attorney’s office. They are responsible for managing factual and legal research to aid cases. Legal secretaries work with private corporations, law offices, and governmental agencies.
In order to become a successful legal secretary, you need to possess in-depth knowledge of legal procedures and the administrative work involved in providing support to handle these legal procedures efficiently.
If you are writing an entry-level resume for this position, you will need to write your relevant skills, knowledge, and qualifications.
How to Write a Resume for an Entry-Level Legal Secretary With no Experience?
- Start your resume with a compelling and targeted objective statement that tells the recruiter about your enthusiasm to work for them.
- Emphasize your knowledge of the law and excellent secretarial skills to contribute to the operations of the law firm efficiently.
- Draw attention to your capabilities in; organizing meetings and dates for court hearings, taking case information from new clients, and managing files and folders.
- Mention your aptitude to perform routine office work such as receiving telephone calls and assisting with research processes.
Here is a sample resume to guide you further.
Entry Level Legal Secretary Resume No Experience
77 Palm Street
Nashua, NH 63790
Seeking a Legal Secretary position with Roll Law Group utilizing specialized knowledge of legal procedures and terminology. Demonstrated ability to perform advanced, diversified, and confidential secretarial and administrative duties.
- Profound understanding of preparing pleadings and motions to facilitate court proceedings.
- Well-versed in filing court documents and performing research on cases
- Adept at collecting, compiling, making, and maintaining reports, records, files, and data.
- In-depth knowledge of managing legal diaries and scheduling meetings.
- Working experience in drafting legal correspondence and creating presentations.
- Familiar with advanced litigation procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
New Hampshire State University, Nashua, NH – 2022
Legal Office Intern
Roll Law Group, Nashua, NH
Jun 2022 – Dec 2022
- Greet clients and walk-in customers.
- Take telephone calls and deliver messages.
- Maintain and order inventory of office equipment and supplies.
- Assist in keeping the office clean and tidy.
- Provide visitors with information regarding legal procedures.
- Appreciated by lawyers owing to the ability to prepare error-free correspondence.
- Introduced computer databases to organize and store legal information.
- Strictly observed standards of professional demeanor and confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a “can do” attitude
- Results-driven and empathetic toward clients’ situations
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Internet, Email, and Social Media
- Office Equipment and Photocopier Machines
See also: Legal Secretary Cover Letter No Experience