A legal secretary’s work is focused around lawyers and clients within an attorney’s office. They are responsible for managing factual and legal research in order to aid cases. To become a successful legal secretary, you need to possess in depth knowledge of legal procedures and the administrative work involved in providing support to handling these legal procedures effectively. If you are preparing a resume for this position, you will need to fill it with information regarding your understanding of legal procedures. Legal secretaries work with private corporations, law offices and governmental agencies.
How to Write a Resume for an Entry Level Legal Secretary with no experience?
When writing a resume for a Legal secretary position (with no experience in hand), you need to:
➜ Start your resume with a powerful and targeted objective to tell the employer about your enthusiasm to work for them.
➜ Emphasize on your knowledge of law and excellent secretarial skills to contribute to the operations of firm effectively.
➜ Draw attention towards your capabilities in; organizing meetings and dates for court hearings, taking case information from new clients and managing file and folders.
➜ Mention your aptitude to perform routine office work such as taking telephone calls and assisting with research processes.
See the following example to get a better idea.
See also: Legal Secretary Resume With Experience
77 Palm Street, Nashua, NH 63790, Tel: (999) 999-9999, Email:
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Legal Secretary position with Roll Law Group utilizing specialized knowledge of legal procedures and terminology. Demonstrated ability to perform advanced, diversified and confidential secretarial and administrative duties.
• Profound understanding of preparing pleadings and motions in order to facilitate court proceedings
• Well versed in filing court documents and performing research on cases
• Adept at collecting, compiling, preparing and maintaining reports, records, files and data
• In depth knowledge of managing legal diaries and scheduling meetings
• Working experience of drafting legal correspondence and creating presentations
New Hampshire State University, Nashua, NH– 2013
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
Legal Office Intern – Roll Law Group, Nashua, NH Summer 2012
• Greet clients and walk-in customers
• Take telephone calls and deliver messages
• Maintain and order inventory of office equipment and supplies
• Assist in keeping the office clean and tidy
• Provide visitors with information regarding the legal procedures
• Appreciated owing the ability to prepare error-free correspondence
• Introduced computer databases to organize and store legal information
• Strictly observed standards of professional demeanor and confidentiality
• Familiar with advanced litigation procedures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with a “can do” attitude
• Results driven and empathetic towards clients’ situations
• Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
• MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Internet, Email and Social Media
• Office Equipment and Photocopier Machines