Insurance agents or brokers perform many tasks similar in nature to those of insurance representatives. The difference is that insurance agents represent many companies and work independently while insurance representatives are licensed agents. The basic work of an insurance agent is to solicit business from clients. By conferring with clients, an insurance agent determines their insurance coverage needs and tries to find a workable insurance coverage solution.
When an insurance agent starts his job, his first job is to look for new clients. He may do this by using referrals or by participating in community functions. Once a client base is developed, an insurance agent strives to provide solutions consistently while prospecting for other clients.
There are many different types of insurance agents including commercial insurance agents and health insurance agents. An insurance broker looking for a position may have to ensure that his resume speaks volumes for his soliciting skills. Let us look at some examples of resume objectives for this position.
Sample Objectives for Insurance Agent/Broker Resume
For Experienced Candidates
• Looking for a position as an insurance agent at Criterion where extensive experience of building meaningful client relationships and providing them with appropriate insurance coverage can be utilized effectively.
• To work for ABC insurance company as an insurance agent. Bringing a strong expertise in assessing customers’ needs and counseling clients on coverage options. Demonstrated ability to provide pricing, quotations, and requisite information to prospects.
• Seeking a position as an insurance broker with Famers Insurance Company using entrepreneurial spirit and fearless attitude coupled with a strong insurance solution provision background.
• Desire an insurance agent position with Ender’s Insurance Solutions. Offering strong soliciting and follow-through skills aimed at developing meaningful clientele and offering the best solutions of insurance coverage.
• To obtain a position as an insurance agent with Bowlers’ where my knowledge of providing relevant insurance solutions and monitoring insurance claims can be utilized to serve the company’s clients efficiently.
For Entry Level Candidates
• Seeking an insurance agent position with Insurance Details where knowledge of evaluating clients’ insurance needs and developing appropriate coverage plans can be used to maintain the company’s clientele
• Looking for an insurance agent position at MediPlus using familiarity with designing insurance plans in accordance to clients’ budgets and needs and employing expert sales skills
• Desire an insurance broker position with Coverage Options. Offering strong skills in identifying and soliciting potential clients, monitoring insurance claims and responding to clients’ inquiries appropriately
• To work as an insurance agent with Clear Coverage using expertise in developing core insurance coverage plans to meet the individual needs of clients