A family support worker provides services in a variety of settings including foster centers and private homes.
Their main job is to implement programs that bring parents close to their children and to ensure that any threat of potential harm is abated or reported.
When making a resume for the Family Support Worker position, you should choose a simple format and template.
It will enable prospective employers to identify your relevant skills, experience, and qualifications at a first glance.
View the example below in order to make a perfect resume.
Sample Resume for Family Support Worker Position
112 Lane 11, Powell, WY 66635
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
Talented and forward-thinking professional with 5+ years’ extensive experience working as a Family Support Worker. Highly skilled in assisting with the basic services required to meet children’s and families’ developmental needs. Hands-on experience in providing information to families pertinent to reintegration, foster care, and adoption services. In-depth knowledge of maintaining close relationships with all agencies necessary for carrying out said procedures.
- Conducting home visits
- Establishing a relationship with families
- Parent-child interaction
- Dynamics of child abuse and neglect
- Child development concepts
- Meetings/ training participation
- Parent-child group meetings
- Parenting education
- Health and nutrition
- Stress management
- Documentation maintenance
- Successfully placed triplets with one set of adoptive parents following stalking issues from original parents.
- Designed and implemented a set of programs that ensured reintegration between children and parents.
FAMILY SUPPORT EXPERIENCE
Family Support Worker
Union Reunions – Powell, WY
20014 – Present
- Provide services to ensure the developmental needs of the family and children.
- Provide instruction to families with relevance to parenting skills, child behavior management, child care, money management, and meal preparation.
- Assess children’s developmental milestones and plan programs accordingly.
Family Support Aide
ABC Company – Powell, WY
2009 – 2014
- Counseled families and individuals regarding social adjustment and medical care.
- Provided and arranged support services including child care, prenatal care, substance abuse treatment, and job training where necessary.
- Developed and reviewed service plans and follow-ups.
G.E.D | City School, Powell, WY –
- Ability to establish trusting relationships
- Understanding of socio-cultural problems
- Effective parenting skills
- Ability to listen for long hours
- Profound ability to manage emergencies
- Good decision making and organizational skills
- Bilingual – English and Spanish