Flight Attendants provide ongoing customer service to passengers and fellow cabin crew members. They are responsible for the safety, security and comfort of passengers; from pre-boarding the aircraft until they reach at their destination. As such, flight attendants are on the “front lines” in providing high quality service to their customers and representing airline to the public.
In order to make an effective skills section for a flight attendant resume, you should mention you relevant skills and abilities from the recruiters perspective. Through advertisement, identify the required skills such as hospitality, customer service, analytical, communication, or teamwork, and quote examples demonstrating that you possess them. Each statement in your skills section should relate to the job description provided by airline.
Following are some key skills for a flight attendant resume. You may use 5 of these skills statements to build a resume for flight attendant position.
• Highly skilled in performing pre-boarding security checks of aircraft, passengers and baggage
• Comprehensive knowledge of flight and emergency procedures
• Proven ability to greet passengers and guide them regarding their seats
• Documented success in selling goods to customers on-board
• Profound ability to operate emergency equipment effectively
• Excellent hospitality acumen aimed at serving food and drinks
• Ability to give tips and guidance to tourists regarding destination
• Demonstrated ability to use superior judgment to conduct safe and efficient flights
• Able to ensure that galley is stocked with food and serving items for trip
• Effective first-aid and medical skills
• Competent at conducting pre-flight safety checks of cabin area
• Eager to help people with special needs such as young children or people with disabilities
• Good organizational and time management skills