The first step in applying for a job at McDonald’s is to write a compelling resume. This step will open doors for a successful career and bring many interviews.
How to Write a Great Resume to Apply for a Job at McDonald’s?
- Split your resume into different sections such as objective, skills, qualifications, experiences, and education.
- Start with an objective statement showing how you can contribute to the operations of McDonald’s.
- Do not use a pre-built resume template.
- Keep your resume simple and to the point. Fancy fonts and styles make a resume unreadable and less attractive.
- Proofread before sending your resume.
Here is a sample resume to help you craft your resume for a job at McDonald’s. Feel free to customize it as per your requirements.
McDonald’s Resume Example (Crew Member)
5543 Riversville Road
Greenwich, CT 66636
Hardworking and reliable individual, with over 1 year of experience working in busy fast-food environments. Looking for a Crew Member position with McDonald’s where my exceptional customer service, POS handling, and food preparation skills will be fully utilized to increase revenue significantly.
• Demonstrated ability to greet customers, operate POS, and handle cash.
• Able to guide customers regarding the menu and exclusive deals.
• Highly skilled in handling kitchen and food preparation tasks.
• Enthusiastic to provide excellent first-tier services to customers.
• MS Office Suite
• POS software
WORK EXPERIENCE (Optional section for entry-level job seekers with no experience in hand)
KFC – Greenwich, CT
May 2021 – Present
• Achieved the “Crew Member of the Month Award” owing to excellent drive-thru service provision.
• Never faced a cash register shortage.
• Exceeded cleanliness and hygiene standards in all internal quality checks.
• Attained 100% 5-star customer reviews.
• Greet customers, take and assemble orders and receive payments.
• Clean the restaurant according to the restaurant’s sanitation procedures and policies.
• Cook and prepare food for packing or serving.
• Check equipment to ensure it is working efficiently.
• Back up crew members in the event of absences and work overload.
• Check food and supplies stock and maintain inventory.
• Help drivers in offloading while moving raw materials and supplies to appropriate and designated places.
• Assist new crew members with on-the-job training.
Customer Service Representative
Domino’s Pizza – Greenwich, CT
Feb 2021 – May 2021
• Performed order-taking and cash handling tasks.
• Stocked ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, and walk-in cooler.
• Received and processed telephonic orders.
• Managed inventory and completed the relevant paperwork.
• Cleaned equipment and work area.
High School Diploma
Greenwich High School, Greenwich, CT
Bilingual: English and Spanish.
• Great communication skills
• Good time management skills
• Can-do attitude
• Ability to work in a team-oriented busy environment
• Known for taking and following instructions precisely
• Able to work efficiently without supervision