McDonald’s is a well-known fast-food chain, that prefers friendly, motivated, and team players for the cashier positions.
The McDonald’s cashier job is more than a money-earning opportunity. In fact, it is a whole new experience to enjoy working with people.
The applicants who get hired at McDonald’s for the cashier position should possess the ability to anticipate customer needs and deliver the best customer service while accurately handling cash at counters.
See also: McDonald’s Cover Letter Sample
A well-written resume is your first step toward a successful job hunt at McDonald’s.
The following resume for a Cashier at McDonald’s is specifically designed to grab the attention of hiring managers.
Sample Resume for McDonald’s Cashier Job
1904 West Webb Ave, Burlington, NC 27217
Dependable and friendly Cashier with 7+ years of practical experience in busy fast food settings. Exceptionally skilled at taking orders, recording them into POS, taking money from customers, and providing change. Efficiently handles cash and contents of the cash drawer. Familiar with McDonald’s team-centric philosophy requiring everyone to do anything even if the activity is not listed in the job description.
• A vigilant approach to ensure the correct amount of money changes hands and safely goes into drawers
• Trained at ensuring adequate amounts of napkins and condiments accompany customer orders
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Received Best Customer Service Award in 2021
• Never had any cash discrepancy during shift
• President Debating Society in university
McDonald’s – Burlington, NC
• Provide friendly and timely food and drinks service
• Handle all cash and credit card transactions
• Work on the drive-thru window
• Take orders on phone calls and record sales details
• Transport orders from the kitchen to counter
• Utilize brilliant communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with customers
• Manage complaints in a polite and empathetic manner
• Determine appropriate food supplies
• Perform workplace cleaning and maintenance tasks
• Take ownership of the job
ABC Cafe – Mebane, NC
• Customer Orders: Took customer orders, recorded them into the computer database, and returned change
• Customer Service: Maintained friendly, smiling and good attitude with every customer especially addressing complaints calmly and swiftly
• Cleaning and Maintenance: Performed numerous cleaning duties, heavy lifting, parking lot maintenance
• Cash Handling: Took cash responsibility and matched daily cash in drawers with sales at day end and closing
BA Degree in Humanities
State University –Dallas, TX | 2006