Crew members working in fast-food restaurants need to be highly service-oriented.
Since they are usually the only people customers interact with when they place their orders, it is important for them to create a positive impression on customers.
A person working as a fast food crew member will welcome customers, inquire into their orders, record orders, and ensure timely and accurate delivery of food.
Some experience or exposure to working in a similar capacity will work wonders for your job application.
When a hiring manager looks through your profile, he will want to see an individual who is customer service-oriented, can handle more than one customer at a time, possesses insight into operating ordering and POS systems, and has the capability of upselling the restaurant’s food and beverage items.
Other requirements to work as a fast food crew member include experience in performing food preparation activities and ensuring that food wastage is minimized.
Some of your main duties as a crew member in a fast food restaurant will include:
Sample Job Description for Fast Food Crew Member Resume
• Greet customers as they approach the order counter and present them with the menu.
• Assist them in choosing food items according to their specific tastes and likes.
• Make suggestions on what to order and provide information on available deals and sidelines.
• Take customers’ orders and punch them into the system after verifying their accuracy.
• Perform up-selling activities by encouraging customers to upsize their meals.
• Provide customers with payment information and process credit card and cash transactions in an accurate manner.
• Tender change and receipts and provide customers with a timeline for their orders.
• Relay orders to the kitchen area and assist kitchen staff in preparing orders according to instructions.
• Pack orders in appropriate bags and include condiments such as sauces and dips.
• Hand over customers’ orders to them in a time-efficient manner and thank them for their business.
• Respond to requests for extras according to company policies and ensure that any complaints are properly managed, aimed at customer retention.
• Ensure that counters are kept clean and sanitized at all times.
• Assist with kitchen equipment maintenance and waste disposal activities.
• Balance cash registers at the end of each shift and ensure that any discrepancies are handled in an immediate fashion.
• Ensure that there is sufficient change available at the beginning of each shift.