We usually confuse our regular job duties with our accomplishments since we often run around in the rut of professional life. However, it is imperative to separate the two – they are not the same.
Your accomplishments as a truck driver are duties that created results or made a tangible effect on your surroundings.
On the other hand, your job duties are regular activities that you have no choice but to perform each workday.
Accomplishments statements go a long way in charting you out as a professional who knows his work and can handle the pressure of a highly demanding job.
And that is exactly the kind of person all employers look for.
But there is a specific way in which a truck driver’s accomplishments statement is written in a truck driver resume – a way that makes it look appealing to hire you.
How to Write Great Achievements Statements on a Truck Driver Resume?
In order to write accomplishments or achievements statements for a truck driver resume, list down all your job duties and see what you have accomplished by performing them.
You will be surprised to know that you have done a lot that has gone unacknowledged. Make it a point to have these acknowledged now – by writing them down in your resume.
Here are some great examples to guide you on how you can write one:
Sample Accomplishments and Achievements for a Truck Driver Resume
- Drove an average of 3000 miles per week, while complying with rest and break periods, to attain 100% customer satisfaction.
- Timely delivered amazon products to cross-border routes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Averted potential harm to the truck and the merchandise by recognizing early signs of possible breakdowns.
- Proactively inspected trucks for mechanical items and safety issues and performed preventative maintenance, reducing over $10000 in maintenance expenses per year.
- Strictly complied with truck driving rules and regulations, as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Provided training to 12 new truck drivers in performing preventative maintenance tasks.
- Maintained a record for no accidents since the attainment of commercial truck driver’s license, owing to exceptionally careful driving habits.
- Upheld knowledge of electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB)
- Demonstrated strong work ethics and strong attention to detail – received many commendations.
- Maintained clean drug screening tests throughout driving career.