How to Write a Good Resume for Head Waiter Job?
Many things make a resume complete. If you think about detail, your resume writing effort will be a never-ending job.
So all you have to do when writing a Head Waiter or Waitress resume is to place all the relevant information that will intrigue the employer enough to want to meet you and leave the rest to your interview.
Here is a resume sample to help you along:
Related: Head Waitress Cover Letter Sample
Head Waiter / Waitress Resume Sample
998 Page Avenue, Gilbert, AZ 55652
jacman @ email . com
• A customer-service-oriented individual with 10+ years of extensive experience working in the food service industry.
• Highly qualified to handle “front of the house” by employing exceptional food service and supervision skills.
• Special talent for anticipating customers’ requirements and providing them with correlating food and beverage services.
• Effectively ensures that food service is performed in a professional manner at all times.
• Demonstrated expertise in distributing tasks to each waiter/waitress according to their specific abilities to handle them.
• Track record of preparing and presenting training programs, briefings, and SOPs.
– Relationship Building – Business Planning
– Portioning – Food Preparation
– Restaurant Security – Complaint Escalation
• Successfully arranged a large number of people for a party (197 customers) within the restaurant premises, without a single scuffle.
• Trained 85 waiters and waitresses in providing exceptional customer service in a fine dining establishment.
• Suggested incorporation of a diet menu for health-conscious customers, increasing the customer base by 48%.
• Increased staff morale by suggesting the organization of team-building efforts on a monthly basis.
La Rouge, Gilbert, AZ
6/2015 – Present
• Welcome customers and ensure that they are properly being looked after the wait staff
• Check reservations on a daily basis and ensure that reserved tables are properly set and tagged
• Ascertain that the restaurant area is properly cleaned and set at all times
• Oversee inventory of supplies such as cutlery and condiments and coordinate efforts with suppliers to ensure timely acquisition
• Assist chefs with developing menus by providing them with feedback on customers’ preferences
• Provide wine recommendations and make customers aware of the day’s specials
Chef De Rang
AA Hospitality, Gilbert, AZ
5/2012 – 6/2015
• Oversaw the work of the wait staff to ensure the delivery of exceptional customer services
• Responded to special requests in accordance with the restaurant’s policies and protocols
• Ensured that all payments had been properly transacted
• Handled any discrepancies in an immediate fashion
• Managed complaints and suggestions to ensure customer retention and repeat business opportunities
Tenerife, Gilbert, AZ
1/2009 – 5/2012
• Greeted customers and escorted/directed them to their seats
• Offered menus and provided suggestions by explaining ingredients and cooking styles
• Took orders for food and beverage items and relayed orders to the kitchen area
• Followed up on orders and served food and beverage items after ensuring appropriate portioning
• Assisted cashiers in preparing checks and transacting cash and credit card payments
• Ensured the cleanliness of the restaurant area and ensured that all tables were properly bussed
Graduate: Gilbert High School, Gilbert, AZ – 2000