Many things make a resume complete. If you think about detail, your resume writing effort will be a never-ending job.
However, nonrelevant information actually gives a very bad impression.
So all you have to do when writing a Head Waiter or Waitress resume is the place all the relevant information that will intrigue the employer enough to want to meet you and leave the rest to your interview-giving abilities.
Here is a resume sample to help you along:
Head Waiter / Waitress Resume Sample
998 Page Avenue, Gilbert, AZ 55652
jacman @ email . com
A customer-service-oriented individual with extensive experience working in the foodservice industry. Highly qualified to handle “front of the house” by employing exceptional food service and supervision skills.
• Special talent for anticipating customers’ requirements and providing them with correlating food and beverage services.
• Effectively ensures that foodservice is performed in a professional manner at all times.
• Demonstrated expertise in distributing tasks to each waiter/waitress according to their specific abilities to handle them.
• Track record of preparing and presenting training programs, briefings, and SOPs.
|Relationship Building||Business Planning|
|Food Preparation||Portioning Control|
|Restaurant Security||Complaint Escalation|
|Recruit Development||Food Quality Maintenance|
• Successfully arranged a large number of people for a party (197 customers) within the restaurant premises, without a single scuffle
• Trained 85 waiters and waitresses in providing exceptional customer services in a fine dining establishment
• Suggested incorporation of a diet menu for health-conscious customers, increasing the customer base by 48%
• Increased staff morale by suggesting the organization of team-building efforts on a monthly basis
Head Waiter (6/2010 to Present)
La Rouge, Gilbert, AZ
• Welcome customers and ensure that they are properly being looked after the wait staff
• Check reservations on a daily basis and ensure that reserved tables are properly set and tagged
• Ascertain that the restaurant area is properly cleaned and set at all times
• Oversee inventory of supplies such as cutlery and condiments and coordinate efforts with suppliers to ensure timely acquisition
• Assist chefs with developing menus by providing them with feedback on customers’ preferences
• Provide wine recommendations and make customers aware of the day’s specials
Chef De Rang (5/2008 to 6/2010)
AA Hospitality, Gilbert, AZ
• Oversaw the work of the wait staff to ensure the delivery of exceptional customer services
• Responded to special requests in accordance with the restaurant’s policies and protocols
• Ensured that all payments had been properly transacted
• Handled any discrepancies in an immediate fashion
• Managed complaints and suggestions to ensure customer retention and repeat business opportunities
Waiter (1/2002 to 5/2008)
Tenerife, Gilbert, AZ
• Greeted customers and escorted/directed them to their seats
• Offered menus and provided suggestions by explaining ingredients and cooking styles
• Took orders for food and beverage items and relayed orders to the kitchen area
• Followed up on orders and served food and beverage items after ensuring appropriate portioning
• Assisted cashiers in preparing checks and transacting cash and credit card payments
• Ensured the cleanliness of the restaurant area and ensured that all tables were properly bussed
Graduate: Gilbert High School, Gilbert, AZ – 2000