When a prospective employer sees your resume, they basically ask you ‘why should I hire you?’
This is the question that you have to answer when writing a material handler resume objective. These three or four lines can make a great difference in how you are seen by a prospective employer.
As far as the resume objective is concerned, conciseness matters manifold. That said, you cannot go beyond a certain limit when opening your resume through an objective statement. For details, you have the other sections such as skills, accomplishments, education, and experience.
One other thing that matters is relevance. Whatever you write in a resume objective must coincide with what you intend to write in the rest of the resume, and the specifications of the job. Anything you write which is not part of either of these will be considered a waste of space.
There are many ways in which you can write the perfect resume objective. The language that you use is at your discretion. But you must make sure that you do not write anything that is vague.
Here are a few examples to help you understand how to write one:
Sample Objectives for Material Handler Resume
1. Dexterous Material Handler seeking a position at Frito Lay. Exceptionally well-versed in handling order-picking and packing duties while ensuring the accuracy of order and safety of items.
2. Results-driven Material Handler, eager to obtain a position at ABC Healthcare. Enthusiastic to provide superior customer service by performing shipping, receiving, and inventory control functions. Current driver’s license.
3. Looking for a position as a Material Handler with Impax. Leveraging skills in material management activities. Detail-orientated in performing accurate warehouse transactions.
4. Self-motivated Material Handler seeking a position at Amazon. Leveraging skills in performing packaging and shipping duties, along with maintaining the inventory of materials. Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
5. To work as a Material Handler for DST Systems. Eager to apply proficiencies in operating forklifts and hand trucks using sound judgment and decision-making skills.
6. Looking for a Material Handler position at Lockheed Martin utilizing exceptionally well-placed skills in facilitating warehouse processes by moving products/items from storage places to delivery areas, and packing and labeling them for shipment purposes.
7. Seeking a challenging material handling position at Walmart. Offers a strong sense of urgency in researching, tracking and correcting problems in a timely manner. Exceptional attention to detail with good work ethics.