A resume for a truck driver position is a very important document that is required to apply for a truck driving job.
Hiring managers spend only 15-20 seconds scrutinizing a resume and deciding whether it deserves additional consideration. For that reason, you must create attractive content of your resume in keeping with the needs of the prospective company.
How to Write a Good Resume for a Truck Driver Position?
- Use simple and meaningful phrases and words.
- Eliminate any irrelevant or worthless information.
- Describe your strong points using keywords.
- Use bullet phrases instead of paragraphs to describe your strengths, work experiences, and accomplishments.
- Use a truck driver summary or truck driver objective statement to start your resume.
- Include your truck driving skills list.
- Mention only relevant experiences.
Here are 3 sample resumes for truck driving positions.
Truck Driver Resume Sample 1
430 Wilson Sq
Springfield, OH 54342
❖❖ TRUCK DRIVER ❖❖
Good driving record
Dependable and tactful Truck Driver with 12+ years’ progressively responsible experience in truck/trailer and heavy vehicle driving. Drives calmly on long routes while maintaining the log and performing minor repairs on different kinds of trucks. Friendly and outgoing; deals with customers and co-workers courteously and professionally. Familiar with State highway traffic laws
Class B CDL with Tractor-trailer endorsement
Admar Supplies, Springfield, OH
2015 – Present
- Increase customer satisfaction level by 100% by making timely and accurate deliveries based on their orders.
- Timely identify and fix a minor problem in the pressure brake compartment of the vehicle which saved $5000 on the replacement cost.
- Pickup and deliver assigned goods on a daily basis irrespective of road and weather conditions.
- Collect money for deliveries if required.
- Practice high-quality customer care protocol.
- Communicate any complaints to the management immediately.
- Maintain vehicle service, fueling, and delivery records.
Waste Connections, Springfield, OH
2007 – 2015
- Established and implemented OSHA guidelines related to handling and transportation of hazardous material and chemicals.
- Performed cleaning and maintenance tasks to minimize the company’s operational costs.
- Loaded and unloaded merchandise on the truck.
- Coordinated the route schedule and assisted the driver in navigation.
- Serviced and cleaned trucks daily.
ST. FREDRICK’S CONVENT, Springfield, OH
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Freight Delivery – Loading/Unloading
– Trailer Attachment – Log Keeping
– Pressure Brakes – GPS Navigation
– Truck Lever Operations – Customer Dealing
– Pre/Post Trip Inspection – Auto/ Manual Transition
– Documentation – Route Coordination
Truck Driver Resume Sample 2
9876 Bell Ave
Houston, TX 26092
Transporting goods in a timely and safe manner.
Results-driven and energetic Truck Driver with a 10-plus-year successful track record of safe driving and delivering goods to destinations across the US in a safe manner. Substantial knowledge of traffic laws and truck driving rules and regulations of all states. Known to follow instructions accurately and deliver goods timely. Exceptional driving record.
Route Planning | Preventive Maintenance
Loading /Unloading | GPS Navigation
Night Driving | Safety Management
Time Management | Manual Dexterity
Map Reading | Inventory Maintenance
Customer Service | Communication
- Reduced average fuel consumption cost by $3000 per month through the effective implementation of fuel economy techniques and strategies.
- Resolved a brake issue by vigilant preventive maintenance, saving the company $5000 in terms of a full brake replacement cost.
- Enhanced overall customer satisfaction level by 25% through timely and safe deliveries and the practice of professional customer dealing etiquette.
- Attained the most responsible driver award in 2021.
City Cargo Service, Houston, TX
2016 – Present
- Use maps and GPS to locate routes and deliver products
- Assess job site conditions for safe unloading using good judgment
- Obtain the client’s signature on the delivery documents
- Inspect the vehicle and keep track of fuel efficiency periodically
- Maintain records of stock delivery and accept payments if needed
ABC Company, Houston, TX
2012 – 2016
- Operated boom crane and truck-mounted equipment
- Inspected trucks before departure
- Created and maintained driver logs
- Followed all DOT regulations for the delivery of products
Delivery Driver Assistant
We Deliver, Houston, TX
2007 – 2010
- Assisted the driver in driving and GPS navigation, relieving him on long routes every two hours
- Loaded and unloaded truck
- Checked truck before departure
- Cleaned and maintained vehicles
- Served as a backup delivery driver
Class A CDL with T Semi-Trailer Endorsement | Current
DOT Certification and Medical Examiner’s Certificate | Current
G.E.D: St. Jones High School, Houston, TX
“I start my day with more enthusiasm than before.”
Truck Driver Objective Resume Sample 3 (Less Experience)
230 Dixon Street
Brewton, AL 83765
To work for ABC Company as a Truck Driver, utilizing exceptional dexterity and the ability to drive different types of trucks to maximize efficiency and increase revenue.
• Over 2 years of hands-on experience driving heavy vehicles
• Current Alabama Class C CDL with the hazardous materials endorsement
• An exceptional driving record that reflects adherence to all Federal DOT regulations
• Safety regulations • Expense management
• Client relations • Preventive maintenance
• GPS and navigation • Travel log maintenance
• Routes familiarity • Map reading
• Reduced transportation costs by 25% through the discovery of short routes.
• Resolve conflicts among team members and drivers.
• Convinced many angry customers using good communication skills.
• Attained 100% success in delivering assigned goods to their destination despite inclement weather and traffic block conditions.
• Rewarded with a singled-out bonus following excellence in driving practices and minimizing accidents.
Core Truck Services – Brewton, AL
Jan 2020 – Sep 2022
• Drove trucks to specified destinations
• Delivered goods to designated places
• Assisted with loading and unloading of trucks
• Picked up and load returned products
• Completed driver, route, and gas logs
• Charted out the best routes for delivery
• Performed customer service tasks at the time of shipments
• Cleaned and maintained the vehicle
• Carried out preventive maintenance tasks regularly
High School Diploma
Brewton High School, Brewton, AL
“I am extremely well organized and able to work on a rotating shift.“
Superior professional references are available.