A professional summary contains information about a candidate’s qualifications and competencies. It works if you have some relevant experience in hand and can do 3 things for you:
- Integrate all your skills and credentials into a few lines
- Show the value that you can bring to the table
- Provide an overview of your employment goals
When prospective employers see all these, their decision-making process becomes easier.
The decision to read the rest of the resume and invite you for an interview becomes clearer once he knows who he is dealing with.
Professional summaries focus on areas of expertise, skills, and experiences. The use of power verbs is important here as you are primarily trying to get the point across.
Here are some examples of professional summaries for a truck driver resume that you can take ideas from:
Professional Summary Examples for Truck Driver Resume
1. A versatile and competent Truck Driver with Current Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials Endorsement. Gained 100,000+ miles of experience in driving trucks and trailers in the USA and Canada. Sociable personality with exceptional customer service skills.
2. A conscientious and self-motivated individual with 5 years of commercial truck driving experience. Demonstrated knowledge of road traffic laws and route planning. Track record of driving under the DOT regulations and in keeping with company protocols. Special talent for loading and unloading, and performing regular vehicular safety checks.
3. Honest, reliable, and punctual truck driver with extensive experience in safely operating a tractor-trailer combination, including doubles and triples. Demonstrated ability to perform vehicle inspections under Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations. Current Class A CDL with doubles/triples endorsement. Able to efficiently chart out the best route using maps and GPS and handle multi drops in a time-efficient manner. Known for providing excellent service to customers.
4. Results-driven, positive, and confident truck driver with 400,000+ miles of previous experience driving a variety of trucks. Excellent customer service skills with a great aptitude to handle road emergencies with tact and perception. Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A, DOT Certified.
5. Dedicated and helpful truck driver with extensive experience in inert-city driving. Proficient in handling delivery goods according to prescribed methods of safety and security. Exceptional customer service acumen with a great focus on ensuring timely deliveries.
6. Dexterous and highly energetic CDL Truck Driver with 8+ years of hands-on experience in driving different types of trucks on interstate routes. Well-versed with electronic equipment and software, including GPS, AVL units, and CB. An excellent communicator who has a great ability to get along with people from different walks of life, along with the capability to adapt to unforeseen situations such as traffic and weather conditions.
7. Self-motivated and hardworking CDL Truck Driver with an impeccable driving record spanning over 12 years. Extensive comprehension of applicable commercial truck driving rules and regulations along with the ability to work independently over long periods of time.
8. Exceptionally dedicated and enthusiastic individual with over 10 years of experience working as a commercial truck driver. Deeply familiar with delivering freight, managing proof of delivery paperwork and efficiently checking the mechanical aspects of delivery trucks to ensure smooth running.
9. Reliable, resourceful and systematic CDL Driver with a 15-plus-year track record of mapping delivery routes, inspecting trucks for mechanical conformity, and ensuring that all deliveries are made in a time-efficient manner. Good hand-eye coordination and exceptional stamina, aimed at driving commercial trucks for long periods of time.
10. CDL Truck Driver, known for meticulousness and extraordinary map-reading skills. Hands-on experience in driving delivery trucks with a capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to specified destinations.