If you want to apply for a delivery driver job, then you will need to write a resume and a cover letter. In these documents, you’ll need to write what you’ve done in your professional life and how can you contribute.
You might ask, “what about the entry-level delivery drivers with no experience in hand? Well, even if you’ve never worked as a delivery driver before, you can still write a winning resume.
In an entry-level delivery driver’s resume (No Experience), you will need to be very specific. Since you can’t mention any experience, you will have to answer the following questions:
- Why are you such a great match for the delivery driver’s job?
- What are your driving skills that can do something for the company?
- Why they hire you if you have no experience in hand?
- Why are you better than others for the job?
Take a look at the following entry-level delivery driver resume sample that answers all the questions mentioned above.
Delivery Driver Resume with No Experience
432 Lowe Street, Dardanelle, AR 92933
Energetic and reliable with a smile
Self-motivated and competent Class C CDL delivery driver. Strong familiarity with coordinating large delivery loads. In-depth knowledge of charting out the best routes. Ability to deal with customers in a pleasant, friendly, and professional manner.
• Highly skilled in updating delivery information into the system.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate with dispatchers to ensure timely delivery while ensuring that all logistical information is correct.
• Dexterity to load and unload trucks and vans in keeping with the safety regulations.
High School Diploma – 2018
St. James High School, Dardanelle, AR
Volunteer Driver Assistant
IMMEDIATE SERVICES, Dardanelle, AR
Jan 2020 – Mar 2020
• Assisted in coordinating delivery service with van drivers and customers to ensure timely delivery of goods.
• Helped in the maintenance of delivery vans and trucks, assisting in small repairs where necessary.
• Loaded and unloaded delivery vans and trucks while ensuring the safe handling of goods.
• Updated all delivery information in specialized computer software.
• Communicate with customers in order to ensure friendly and professional relationships.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Route Mapping • Logs Maintenance
• Customer Service • Preventative Maintenance
• Vehicle Care • State Safety Guidelines
• Emergency Repair • Accident Response
• Staff Coordination • Customer Service