If you want to apply for a delivery driver job, the first thing any hiring manager will ask for is your resume. This is because they want to know what you’re all about: what you’ve done in your professional life, how you’ve done it, what your interests are and how you have woven them into the work you do. You might be surprised to know that even movie stars have resumes!
You might ask, what about very young people who have not had any job yet? Well, even if you’ve never worked before, you need a resume. The hiring manager will want to know what you’ve done with your academic life, but more importantly, if you’ve done any internships or worked any summer jobs or even helped out a relative during your vacation.
In an entry level delivery driver resume you will need to be very specific. Since you can’t regale the hiring manager with your wonderful experience, you will have to look out for the following things:
• Why are you such a great match for the delivery driver job?
• What are your driving skills that can do something for the company?
• Why on earth should the hiring manager pay you, if you have no experience in hand?
• Why are you better than the other candidates for the job, some of whom might have the experience you lack?
Take a look at the following entry level delivery driver resume sample.
432 Lowe Street | Dardanelle, AR 92933 | (000) 522-9642 | dannybrown @ email . com
Energetic and reliable with a smile.
Summary of Qualifications
• Self-motivated and reliable delivery driver with a strong familiarity with coordinating large delivery loads, along with deep knowledge of charting out efficient routes.
• Deal with customers in a pleasant and friendly but professional manner
• Highly skilled in updating delivery information in computer software
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate with dispatchers to ensure timely delivery by ensuring that all logistical information is correct
• In depth knowledge of loading and unloading trucks and vans in keeping with the safety regulations
High School Diploma – 2015
St. James High School, Dardanelle, AR
Skills & Knowledge
|• Route Mapping||• Preventative Maintenance||• Emergency Repair|
|• Logs Maintenance||• Vehicle Care||• Accident Response|
|• Customer Service||• State Safety Guidelines||• Staff Coordination|
IMMEDIATE DELIVERY SERVICES, Dardanelle, AR 6/2013 to 9/2013
• Assisted in coordinating delivery service with van drivers and customers to ensure timely delivery of goods
• Helped in maintenance of delivery vans and trucks, assisting in small repairs where necessary
• Loaded and unloaded delivery vans and trucks while ensuring safe handling of goods
• Updated all delivery information in specialized computer software
• Dealt with customers to ensure friendly and professional relationships
Excellent References Available