Oh, what a wonderful job this is going to be, you think. I’ll have the opportunity to grow so much in it, you think.
Whoa. Stop. What you’re thinking is step five or six. Have you taken step one? This being your resume.
No? Well then, start immediately. You must write a resume.
A resume is that first all-important step you must take if you want to apply for a job. The trick is, remember the keywords that the hiring manager put in the advertisement, and use them in your resume.
A bit like this:
12 8th Street ● Susanville, CA 96521 ● (000) 258-5298 ● dangray @ email . com
Excellent driving record / Cooperative attitude / Neat appearance
Well-qualified delivery driver with 7+ years’ extensive experience in handling large delivery loads as well as capacity to deliver goods without damage an in a time-efficient manner. Successful track record of driving different kind of light and heavy vehicles. Known for communicating with customers in a professional manner to ensure repeat business opportunities. Current California State Class B CDL.
Core Driving Skills
|• Transport Systems||• Load Management||• Shipment Priorities|
|• Navigation / GPS||• Logs Maintenance||• Pre/post Trip Check up|
|• Cargo Security||• Vehicle Maintenance||• Complaint Handling|
|• Payment Collection||• DOT Regulations||• Route Mapping|
• Successfully introduced a new delivery database software, which cut down maintenance updating time by 17%
• Implemented a new driver rotation system which increased morale and hence efficiency by 35%
• Helped in designing company safety guidelines in addition to federal and state guidelines because of which a road accident with a delivery truck was averted
• Uncovered a massive scam by correct and accurate checking of products against sales orders
DATACORE, Susanville, CA (10/2010 to Present)
• Drive a delivery van or truck to pick up goods from one place and deliver them to another
• Help in loading and unloading of heavy goods, when needed
• Maintain a computer database of deliveries made and those to be made, with telephone numbers and addresses of customers
• Communicate with dispatchers and customers to keep them up-to-date with pickup and delivery schedules
• Accurately keep a vehicle travel log as well as maintenance log, and inform the company immediately when vehicle maintenance is needed
• Keep to federal, state and company regulations regarding safety
• Check products against sales order to ensure that the right product goes to the right place
• Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle and ensure it is presentable on a daily basis
• Sustain excellent relationships with old customers, and build relationships with new ones
• Make small repairs on the vehicle in case of emergency and ensure preventative and regular maintenance is performed periodically
TERRA FIRMA DELIVERY SERVICE, Susanville, CA (11/2007 to 10/2011)
Delivery Driver Assistant
• Assisted delivery drivers in mapping appropriate routes to destinations using the GPS and maps
• Kept the vehicle clean and presentable at all times, to ensure a good impression on the customers
• Helped maintain a database of items picked up and deliveries made
• Kept a vehicle travel and maintenance log and created and submitted delivery reporst
• Aided in loading and unloading the delivery van, both manually and using a forklift
Grocery Clerk | TY Super Store, Susanville, CA | 2003 – 2007
SUSANVILLE HIGH SCHOOL, Susanville, CA – 2002
High School Diploma
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Computer: Word, Excel, Email and Internet