A resume is the first all-important step you must take if you want to apply for a delivery driver job.
The trick of writing an effective delivery driver resume is, remember the keywords that the hiring manager put in the advertisement, and use them in your resume.
Here is an example
Delivery Driver Resume Sample
12 8th Street, Susanville, CA 96521
dangray @ email . com
Excellent driving record / Cooperative attitude / Neat appearance
Well-qualified delivery driver with 7+ years’ extensive experience in handling large delivery loads as well as capacity to deliver goods without damage and in a time-efficient manner. Successful track record of driving different kind of light and heavy vehicles. Known for communicating with customers in a professional manner to ensure repeat business opportunities. Current California State Class B CDL.
Core Driving Skills
• Transport Systems
• Load Management
• Shipment Priorities
• Navigation / GPS
• Logs Maintenance
• Pre/post Trip Checkup
• Cargo Security
• Vehicle Maintenance
• Complaint Handling
• Payment Collection
• DOT Regulations
• Route Mapping
• Successfully introduced a new delivery database software, which cut down maintenance updating time by 17%.
• Introduced a new driver rotation system, which increased morale and efficiency by 35%.
• Helped in designing company safety guidelines in addition to federal and state guidelines because of which a road accident with a delivery truck was averted.
• Uncovered a massive scam by correct and accurate checking of products against sales orders.
DATACORE, Susanville, CA
(10/2014 to Present)
• Drive a delivery van or truck to pick up goods from one place and deliver them to another
• Help in loading and unloading of heavy goods, when needed
• Maintain a computer database of deliveries made and those to be made, with telephone numbers and addresses of customers
• Communicate with dispatchers and customers to keep them up-to-date with pickup and delivery schedules
• Accurately keep a vehicle travel log as well as a maintenance log, and inform the company immediately when vehicle maintenance is needed
• Keep to federal, state, and company regulations regarding safety
• Check products against sales order to ensure that the right product goes to the right place
• Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle and ensure it is presentable on a daily basis
• Sustain excellent relationships with old customers, and build relationships with new ones
• Make small repairs on the vehicle in case of emergency and ensure preventative and regular maintenance is performed periodically
Delivery Driver Assistant
TERRA FIRMA DELIVERY SERVICE, Susanville, CA
(11/2007 to 10/2014)
• Assisted delivery drivers in mapping appropriate routes to destinations using the GPS and maps
• Kept the vehicle clean and presentable at all times, to ensure a good impression on the customers
• Helped maintain a database of items picked up and deliveries made
• Kept a vehicle travel and maintenance log and created and submitted a delivery report
• Aided in loading and unloading the delivery van, both manually and using a forklift
TY Super Store, Susanville, CA | 2003 – 2007
High School Diploma
SUSANVILLE HIGH SCHOOL, Susanville, CA – 2002
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Computer: Word, Excel, Email, and Internet