Working as a delivery driver at Pizza Hut means that you will be working in a challenging role.
Since Pizza Hut receives many orders in a day, you will be on your feet during the entirety of your shift.
Specifically, your job will be to take pizza boxes from kitchen staff members and ensure that they are timely delivered to customers.
Usually, a high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as a delivery driver at Pizza Hut.
Prior pizza delivery experience can go a long way in making you appear like a good contender for the job.
Skills and Abilities
Apart from experience, it is imperative that you possess the skills needed to deliver pizzas in a timely and accurate manner.
For instance, you will need to possess knowledge of mapping short and safe routes, driving vans and bikes, and ensuring that pizzas are delivered to the right customers, at the right time.
If working as a delivery driver at Pizza Hut is something that you want to do, we suggest that you look through the following list of duties before you think of writing a resume:
Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Job Description for Resume
• Assist kitchen staff or food packers in packing pizzas and other menu items.
• Stack pizzas and other menu items safely and appropriately in delivery vans or on delivery bikes.
• Ensure that all pizza boxes are appropriately strapped in.
• Check order sheets in order to determine addresses and timelines.
• Map short and safe routes on the GPS, or use standard maps to navigate ways to destinations.
• Carefully drive delivery vans or bikes to destinations.
• Confirm addresses, and ring bells.
• Inquire into order statuses, and hand over customers’ pizzas to them.
• Process cash and credit card payments and tender change and receipts.
• Engage customers in conversation in order to inform them of newly introduced flavors and items.
• Log deliveries according to specified instructions.
• Inspect vehicles at the beginning of each shift to ensure that they are in good working order.
• Perform minor repair work on assigned vehicles.
• Ensure that preventative and regular maintenance is performed on assigned vehicles regularly.
• Fill in for order takers during rush hours, and take and record pizza delivery orders.
• Ensure that delivery statuses are communicated to the dispatch office or helpline.