The purpose of a customer service representative resume is none other than to land you a job interview.
In order to achieve this target, your resume needs to be an exceptional one.
Below are some features of effective resumes for a customer service representative position.
Concise and focused
A majority of employers and recruiters agree that the most effective resumes are usually the shortest ones, which are strictly job focused and highlight only the required qualifications.
Select a readable, neat and even font size and style and use the same throughout the document length.
Every organization has its own do’s and don’ts and a specific culture. If your resume reflects the same, you will automatically have higher chances of being called for an interview.
Customer Service Representative Resume Sample
2938 Maple Avenue ● Terre Haute, IN 45628 ● (999) 999-9999 ● [Email]
Customer Service Representative
A customer-focused individual who is acknowledged for talents in inspiring coworkers to excel and adapt to the demands of a challenging workload. Excellent communication and organizational skills coupled with strong work ethics aimed at projecting a positive company image. Expert in delivering consistent customer service to ensure client satisfaction and service improvement.
• Track record of handling customer inquiries following established service policies and procedures.
• Able to depersonalize self from the customer while providing the highest level of high customer service.
• Well-versed in resolving conflicts by understanding problems clearly and seeking out possible solutions through employing the creative thinking process.
|• Communication||• Self-control||• Client account management|
|• Customer-satisfaction||• Assertiveness||• Follow up|
|• Information analysis||• Product demonstration||• Quality control|
|• Market knowledge||• Documentation||• Multi-tasking|
• Increased sales by $7000 per month bo introducing a word-of-mouth campaign.
• Retained a corporate account providing business worth $10m per annum, despite threats of retraction, following a blunder made by an office clerk.
• Introduced Customer Den, a database system which reduced the paperwork of customer information by 90%.
• Increased customer base by 66% by suggesting the use of alternative marketing ideas such as cold calling and email marketing.
Imperial Textiles, Terre Haute, IN | 11/2012 to Present
Customer Service Representative
• Greet customers in person and over the telephone.
• Inquire into customers’ purpose of visit or call.
• Listen intently to understand query or problem.
• Provide customers with information on products and services provided by the company.
• Demonstrate product features and answer questions regarding price, features and aftersales services.
• Take customers’ orders and provide them with delivery options.
• Assist customers with the payment procedures and ensure proper packing of purchased products.
• Arrange for home deliveries to be made for purchased items.
• Take and record customers’ contact information in the company database.
• Take orders for purchase over the telephone and handle COD details or online payments.
• Provide customers with information on aftersales services and warranties.
• Handle product recalls, returns and replacements.
Southern Management Group, Terre Haute, IN | 1/2011 to 5/2012
Customer Service Intern
• Took telephone calls and provided callers with information on products and services.
• Greeted walk-in customers and inquired into the nature of the visit.
• Walked customers through aisles and assisted them in locating their choice of product.
• Provided customers with necessary information on features of product and prices.
• Assisted customers with payment procedures.
• Resolved customers’ complaints by addressing them according to company policies.
• Maintained and upgraded information in a customer database.
Coopersville High School, Terre Haute, IN
High School Diploma
Last updated on