The purpose of a customer service representative resume is to land you a job interview.
In order to achieve this target, your resume needs to be an exceptional one.
Below are some features of winning resumes for a customer service representative position.
Concise and focused
The most effective resumes are usually the shortest ones, which are strictly job focused and highlight only the required qualifications.
Select a readable, neat and even font size and style and use the same throughout the document.
Every organization has its own do’s and don’ts and a specific culture. If your resume reflects the same, you will automatically have higher chances of being called for an interview.
Customer Service Representative Resume Sample
2938 Maple Avenue, Terre Haute, IN 45628
Customer Service Representative
A customer-focused individual who is acknowledged for talents in inspiring coworkers to excel in a challenging workload. Excellent communication and organizational skills coupled with strong work ethics aimed at projecting a positive company image. Expert in delivering consistent customer service to ensure client satisfaction and service improvement.
• Track record of handling customer inquiries following established service policies and procedures.
• Able to depersonalize self from the customer while providing the highest level of high customer service.
• Well-versed in resolving conflicts by understanding problems clearly and finding possible solutions through creative thinking.
• Client account management
• Information analysis
• Product demonstration
• Quality control
• Increased sales by $7000 per month by introducing a word-of-mouth campaign.
• Retained a corporate account providing business worth $10m per annum, despite threats of retraction, following a blunder made by an office clerk.
• Introduced Customer Den, a database system that reduced the paperwork of customer information by 90%.
• Increased customer base by 66% by suggesting the use of alternative marketing ideas such as cold calling and email marketing.
Customer Service Representative
Imperial Textiles, Terre Haute, IN | 11/2012-Present
• Greet customers in person and over the telephone.
• Inquire into customers’ purpose of visit or call.
• Listen carefully to understand questions or problems.
• Provide customers with information on products and services provided by the company.
• Demonstrate product features and answer questions regarding price, features and aftersales services.
• Take customers’ orders and provide them with delivery options.
• Assist customers with the payment procedures and ensure proper packing of purchased products.
• Arrange for home deliveries to be made for purchased items.
• Record customers’ contact information in the company database.
• Take orders for purchase over the telephone and handle COD details or online payments.
• Provide customers with information on aftersales services and warranties.
• Handle product recalls, returns and replacements.
Customer Service Associate
Southern Management Group, Terre Haute, IN | 1/2011-5/2012
• Took telephone calls and provided callers with information on products and services.
• Greeted walk-in customers and inquired into the nature of the visit.
• Walked customers through aisles and assisted them in locating their choice of product.
• Provided customers with necessary information on features of products and prices.
• Assisted customers with payment procedures.
• Resolved customers’ complaints by addressing them according to company policies.
• Maintained and upgraded information in a customer database.
High School Diploma
Coopersville High School, Terre Haute, IN