No doubt a job seeker needs a modern and effective resume to apply for a retail customer service representative position. During the recent years, resume writing has evolved from enlisting one’s professional particulars on a piece of paper into a whole new concept of personal branding. Below are a couple of useful tips in this regard.
• Put the strongest results first: Always place your most important professional accomplishments and skills at the top.
• Include information that is relevant and recent: While stating your professional experience, make sure that the information you include is recent and relevant.
432 Everest Lane • Phoenix, AZ 56440 • (004) 333 – 2222 • daniel . smith @ email . com
❖❖ Retail Customer Service Representative ❖❖
PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY: : Highly persuasive and customer service oriented professional with track record of consistently meeting and exceeding given sales targets. Fully familiar with and compliant to ISO-9002 issued guidelines applicable to retails. Results driven and strategic individual with strong communication skills, apt at establishing and maintaining customer engagement in a friendly and approachable manner.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Order Processing||• Bill Generation||• Product Rotation|
|• Product Testing||• Stock Inventory||• Information Response|
|• Merchandise Display||• Complaint Processing||• POS Operation|
|• Stocking||• Cash Handling||• Credit card Payments|
FAMILY DOLLAR, Phoenix, AZ | July 2012 – Present
• Maintain an updated knowledge pool regarding various product features, specifications and prices
• Attend customer complaints and process product return or replacement requests
• Keep track of stock availability and order supplies for timely stock replenishment
• Create visually appealing product displays to upsell the same
• Assist the customers in making informed purchase choices and selecting the products that suit their needs best
• Process customer payments, generate bills and fill out warranty cards if applicable on the products purchased
• Enhanced overall clientele by 30% through demonstration of customer service oriented professional work attitude
• Revived the sales of a cosmetic product which was not selling well by recommending it to regular clients and saved the company from a loss of up till $60K
• Reduced product damage and shelf expiry rate by 60% through vigilant and effective inventory maintenance
MACY’S STORE, Phoenix, AZ | April 2010 – June 2012
Customer Service Rep
• Kept all the shelves neat, clean and stocked in an organized manner
• Greeted customers and assisted in finding them what they were looking for
• Ensured all products were displayed optimally and were duly price tagged
• Unloaded delivery trucks and safely transported goods from stockroom to the assigned floor
• Ensured a safe and theft free shopping environment by monitoring customer activity
• Handled and processed customer payments accurately utilizing POS
THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Phoenix, AZ- 2010
Associate’s Degree in Consumer Psychology
• Computer: Word, Excel, Retail Software
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish