The customer services department is the major segment of any organization because it represents a company to the existing and prospective customers. Since customer service representatives are expected to project a positive image of a company, they are hired following much meticulousness and screening.
Customer service representatives work in many environments; retail, banking, call center, government sector, and private firms. They greet customers as they enter an establishment and provide them with necessary product information.
They also assist them in locating items and escort them to aisles in order to facilitate them. They also make suggestions on what to buy and support them throughout the purchase procedure. Once a product is sold, or service is delivered, customer service representatives are expected to provide after-sales service to ensure recurring business.
If you are applying for a customer service representative position, you need to go through the following list of duties that are expected of this position. These statements will be helpful when building a resume/CV or preparing an interview for CSR job.
Job Description for Customer Service Representative Resume
• Greet customers as they arrive and ask to provide any assistance
• Provide information on the company’s products and services
• Escort customers to their aisles of choice and help them locate products
• Assist in choosing items when prompted by the customer
• Provide product demonstrations
• Provide information on after-sales services and warranties
• Take customers’ orders on the telephone and in person
• Ensure that all orders are placed in the order database and delivered to the customer in a timely fashion
• Assist in managing discrepancies and complaints
• Manage logs and reports for goods sold
• Record and maintain customer information
• Oversee loading and unloading of items on trucks
• Stock shelves and rotate items on a periodic basis
• Walk customers through the purchasing process to expedite procedures
• Function as a liaison between customers and the company’s departments
• Provide pricing information to customers
• Provide information on daily deals and discounts
• Prepare customer and productivity reports for the benefit of supervisors