The joys of food do not end at eating – many people enjoy creating food as much as others like eating them.
Resumes that are written primarily for creators of good food need to be much more than ordinary.
Many chefs around the world boast of being able to create great looking and delightfully tasting food concoctions.
While a lot of them may have necessary skills that help them do this, many are explicitly trained in culinary arts.
So what do you suppose a resume for a student who has just finished culinary art school should look like?
Well, since this is creative work more than anything else, one must make sure his or her resume stands out as artistic rather than ordinary. Here is how you can do this!
See also: Culinary Internship Resume
Sample Resume for Culinary Arts Students
45 Farbar Road, Kirtland, OH 82901
An extremely motivated and innovative individual with an inherent ability to create tastefully decorated food concoctions with high nutritional value. Thorough understanding of ingredient consistency. Demonstrated ability to handle modern cooking and baking equipment with precision and accuracy.
• Keen knowledge of creating mouthwatering menus
• Able to cook and bake a vast variety of food items and pastries
• Knowledge of preparing healthy and nutritious entrees for health-conscious customers
• Well-versed in making stocks, soups, salads and sauces
• Trained in handling food preparation activities keeping in mind sanitation and hygiene protocols
Ohio City College, Kirtland, OH
Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts | 2018
|✓ Food safety and nutrition
✓ Modern banquet cookery
✓ Cuisines of the Americas
✓ Formal restaurant cooking
|✓ Meat identification and fabrication
✓ Baking and pastry skill development
✓ Contemporary restaurant service
✓ Cost control and food procurement
✓ Winner of the Culinary Arts Competition 2016 hosting 100 college membership
✓ Acquired Certificate of Achievement in rolling fondant and creating artistic food toppers in 2015
✓ Commended highly for preparing 10 main course dishes for the Annual College Food Festival in 2015
Volunteer Line Cook
Wendy’s Corporation, Kirtland, OH | Nov 2018 – Present
• Prepare entrées according to set recipes
• Cook various types of main courses and side dishes
• Assist cook by chopping and preparing vegetables and meats for cooking purposes
• Set up and decorate customers’ plates in an aesthetic manner
• Ensure the customers’ orders are accurate and consistent
• Provide support in menu development
• Ensure proper menu execution and create prep lists
• Handle inventory and supply management tasks
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Kirtland, OH | May 2018 – Aug 2018
• Offer friendly and upbeat guest service
• Prepared a variety of food items
• Managed proper rotation of products
• Developed knowledge about menu items and daily features
• Maintained the sanitation and of work area and utensils
• Customer service
• ‘Can do’ attitude
• Positive attitude