In order to get the favor of the hiring manager, you have to identify your professional strengths and build your resume based on them.
Culinary arts instruction is difficult as compared to regular instructional jobs. For that reason, your resume must reflect a combination of your culinary expertise and the ability to impart culinary skills.
Going through the following sample resume can help you build a compelling resume.
Culinary Arts Instructor Resume Example
67 Hillside Lane, Seattle, WA 98121
Versatile Culinary Arts Instructor with 12 years of hands-on experience in facilitation of meaningful culinary learning through instruction delivery as per the institute’s instruction policies. Track record of developing industry connections, promoting service learning, cooperative education, and work-based learning opportunities for the students. Well practiced in maintaining information files and processing paperwork. Working knowledge of various cuisines of the world and modern culinary procedures.
Culinary Arts Instructor
Some College, Seattle, WA
2013 – Present
• Effectively plan and prepare for student classes
• Contribute to the overall learning culture by participating in curriculum development and system task forces
• Develop instructional plans to meet course competencies and promote the learning objectives
• Prepare the students for the culinary industry by providing lab-based instruction
• Assisted in setting up a modern and fully equipped culinary lab at the Institute
• Revised the curriculum altogether by incorporating industry perspective into the offered courses
Al Bonito Restaurant, Seattle, WA
2007 – 2013
• Assembled timely synchronized orders for guests as per recipe
• Maintained a neat and clean working place
• Multiplied and divided standard recipe ingredient ratios to suit the order quantity
• Assisted in menu and recipe development
• Introduced an innovative savory salad dressing that rapidly took the form of a signature dish
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
Community College, Seattle, WA – 2007
Current ACF Certification
Vocational career technical certificate
Member, International Association of Culinary Professionals