Any typical resume for culinary arts instructor position portrays the image as an average candidate. Employers are not interested in hiring candidates who possess generic set of skills associated with the job. When they have piles of resumes to choose from, why would they shortlist an ordinary candidate? This calls for uniqueness. Every person is unique. You definitely possess some qualifications that set you apart from the lot. Identify your professional strengths and build your resume based on them.
Culinary arts instruction is also difficult from regular instructional jobs. Your resume must reflect a combination of culinary expertise and ability to impart culinary skills. Going through some sample resumes can help you build a job bagging resume.
67 Hillside Lane ● Seattle, WA 98121 ● (003) 222-5555 ● emma @ email . com
Performance Profile: Versatile Culinary Arts Instructor with hands-on experience in facilitation of meaningful culinary learning through instruction delivery as per the institute’s instruction policies. Track record of developing industry connections, promoting service learning, cooperative education and work based learning opportunities for the students. Well practiced in maintaining information files and processing paperwork. Functional knowledge of various cuisines of the world and modern culinary procedures.
Culinary Arts Instructor | Some College, Seattle, WA | 2010 – Present
• Effectively plan and prepare for student classes
• Contribute to the overall learning culture by participating in curriculum development and system task forces
• Develop instructional plans to meet course competencies and promote the learning objectives
• Prepare the students for the culinary industry by providing lab based instruction
• Assisted in setting up a modern and fully equipped culinary lab at the institute
• Revised the curriculum altogether by incorporating industry perspective in to the offered courses
Chef | Al Bonito Restaurant, Seattle, WA | 2007 – 2010
• Assembled timely synchronized orders for guests as per recipe
• Maintained a neat and clean working place
• Multiplied and divided standard recipe ingredient ratios to suit the order quantity
• Assisted in menu and recipe development
• Introduced an innovative savory salad dressing that rapidly took form of a signature dish
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
THE ARTS INSTITUTE, Seattle, WA – 2007
Bachelors in Culinary Arts
Vocational career technical certificate holder
Current ACF Certification
Member, International Association of Culinary Professionals
Last updated on