A culinary student will have many opportunities to work across many platforms. A culinary student resume built for this purpose needs to focus on the student’s knowledge of culinary arts.
Culinary students looking for work or internship will have to focus on their ability to work well within a team.
Depending on what a culinary student wants to work as s/he will need to be specific when writing a resume.
If they’re going to work as a chef eventually, they will need to highlight her ability to direct the work of kitchen workers and handle recipe creation and menu planning.
Resumes created particularly for culinary positions need to be targeted to the needs of the employer. An employer looking through your resume will want to know what you can do for him, so put in as much information as possible.
Granted that it will be difficult to put in the information of experience especially if you are a student applying for a first job but you can easily rely on any part-time or voluntary jobs that you may have held in the past.
Here is a culinary student resume sample that you can use as a reference.
See also: Culinary Internship Resume
Culinary Student Resume Example
|198 Earls Road ● Myrtle Beach, SC 99224
(000) 524-7576 | [Email]
Energetic and customer service-oriented culinary student seeking an internship at ABC Restaurant. Bringing knowledge of culinary arts and its implementation in a real-time environment.
• Well-versed in food preparation and presentation activities.
• Demonstrated ability to work in busy kitchen environments.
• Working knowledge of cultural cooking techniques particularly European and Soul foods.
• Highly skilled in preparing stocks, soup bases, fruit dishes, and vegetables according to international standards.
• Able to handle large work volumes as well as busy schedules.
Myrtle Beach College of Culinary Arts, Myrtle Beach, SC
Bachelor of Culinary Arts
Expected Completion Date Dec 2018
Cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0
Major GPA 3.2/4.0
• Diet and Nutrition
• Food Resourcing and Preparation
• Restaurant Skills and Supervision
• Food Production and Merchandising
• Ethnic and Vegetarian Cuisine
• Food and Beverage Management
• Costing and Financial Control
• Food Hygiene Management
Hyatt Regency, Myrtle Beach, SC | 6/2018 to 9/2018
• Assisted head chef in menu planning as well as recipe alteration activities.
• Prepared raw food items such as cutting meats and vegetables.
• Performed marinating tasks.
• Sliced meats according to the chef’s instructions.
• Created cold and hot entrees according to preset recipes.
• Baked and decorated dessert items such as cakes, bread, and soufflés.
Exceptional professional references available.
Last updated on