McDonald’s Crew Member Position Overview
Being a McDonald’s crew member is no easy job. But it is worth it. Working for one of the biggest fast-food chains in the world, you will be taught a lot in customer services and food service handling.
As a McDonald’s crew member, you will be required to be polite, customer-service oriented, and extremely hardworking.
If you can stand for long periods of time, take orders accurately, and handle the POS system well, you are already half-trained.
Joining McDonald’s as a crew member, you will get some immediate benefits, including advancement opportunities and training and development chances. Also, you do not need any formal education to apply for this position – a high school diploma or a GED is sufficient to be eligible.
Of course, you will have to sign the confidentiality agreement that states that you cannot divulge Mc Donald’s secret recipes!
But imagine working in an environment where you get to smell (and taste) food gorgeousness every day! Probably a dream come true for many food lovers!
So check the following list. Are you / do you:
- Accurate by nature
- Possess food preparation knowledge
- Able to use the POS system efficiently
If the answer to all the above is yes, let’s move on so that we can provide you with information on what a McDonald’s crew member does on a typical workday:
McDonald’s Crew Member Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Proactively say hello to potential customers.
• Greet customers as they arrive at the order counter and present them with the menu.
• Provide customers with information about exclusive deals and offers.
• Assist customers in deciding what to select from the list.
Take orders and punch them in the POS system.
• Ask customers if they would like to have their meals upsized or added to.
• Provide information regarding the total billed amount and ask customers if they would want to pay by cash or card.
• Take and process cash or credit/debit card payments and ensure that proper receipts and change are given to customers.
• Provide customers with information on how long it will take for their order to be processed.
• Relay order at the backend and assist in preparing it according to set recipes.
• Pack customers’ orders or place them on trays depending on the dine-in or takeaway preferences.
• Ascertain that condiments such as dips and sauces and napkins are added to the orders
• Thank customers for choosing McDonald’s for their meals when handing them their orders.
• Ensure the cleanliness of the order counter and surrounding areas.
• Clean and maintain tables and chairs and ensure that they are in proper working condition.