Medical or lab couriers are responsible for ensuring that medical records, specimens and other medical information or items are safely transported between hospitals and labs. Many hospitals do not have laboratory facilities; this is the reason they need to outsource laboratory services. They designate one or more laboratories and acquire their services remotely. Medical couriers help immensely in making sure that this is possible by ensuring the flow remains smooth.
To work as a medical courier, one need not have any formal medical background. However, it is important to possess the ability to work fast and in a reliable manner as laboratory samples for instance, cannot wait beyond a certain time frame. Medical couriers also need to be excellent drivers as more often than not they drive the vehicle that hosts medical records and specimens.
People who are looking for a medical courier position may want to take a look at the following resume sample for this position.
Medical Courier Resume Sample
67 Durham Lake Road ♦ Dudley, NC 28300 ♦ (000) 999-9999 ♦ tony @ email . com
Energetic and highly motivated professional with extensive experience of safely transporting medical records, specimens, test results and images to and from medical facilities. High attention to detail with great focus on timely deliveries and knowledge of both local streets and interstate highways. Possess A valid driver license and willing to pass a MVR check.
✔ Constantly met delivery deadlines between the year 2002 and 2012
✔ Introduced and placed a delivery report system that updates delivery status in immediately at the flick of a click
✔ Handled a very tricky delivery situation brought on by rain and traffic jams by employing tact and good knowledge of local roads
✔ Awarded a commendation plaque for continuously meeting delivery targets over a ten year period
Medical Logistics Solutions – Dudley, NC
Medical Courier | 2002 – Present
• Take item and delivery instructions from facility and ensure that it is well understood
• Ensure that medical records, images or specimens are properly loaded and secured in the van
• Make sure that all corresponding documentation is available with each item
• Check documentation to ensure credibility and conformity
• Chart out best possible route to the destination keeping traffic and mileage in mind
• Drive van to designated facility to deliver or pick up items
• Ensure that delivery receipts are signed by recipients and designations verified
• Ensure the safety of each item during delivery
• Update delivery information on the company database in a real time manner
• Log mileage and maintenance information in company provided log book
Cellnetix – Dudley, NC
Intern – Medical Courier Services | 2001 – 2002
• Ensured counting and inventory of all medical items to be picked or dropped
• Made sure that each item is secured properly in the transport vehicle
• Arrange items along with proper documentation
• Assist medical courier in charting out appropriate routes to destination
• Handle waste management duties in accordance to the company’s protocols
G.E.D | Richmond High School – 2000