Courier Job Description
Couriers and messengers carry documents and packages and get their instructions either personally or by a mobile device. They plan the most resourceful route and delivery plan.
A resume for courier or messenger position has a number of sections such as the objective, a summary of qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience, etc.
In fact, the qualifications and skills section is the most critical part of a courier resume. Candidates who focus on this section frequently get an interview.
Below are several bullet skills phrases for a courier resume. You may use these statements either in skills or qualifications section of your resume.
Courier / Messenger Resume Skills and Qualifications
• Highly skilled in picking up and delivering items to their destinations
• Track record of verifying delivery information, for instance, names, addresses, and contact numbers
• Demonstrated ability to load and unload items from delivery vehicles
• Competent at planning and following the most resourceful routes for delivery
• Ability to deliver packages on a timely basis as per the company’s policies
• Proficient in determining destinations by referring to addresses on packages and documents
• Proven record of collecting essential payments and signatures from customers
• Ability to record package delivery information, for example, time of delivery and recipient’s name
• Profound ability to communicate verbally with customers in a professional manner
• Able to complete paperwork and maintain records accurately and completely
• Exceptional talent for confirming deliveries through eligible signature
• Known to provide excellent customer service
• Recognized for ensuring the highest degree of security of shipment
• Expert in MS Word and Excel
• Dedicated and meticulous – high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Messenger/Courier Soft Skills
• Customer Service
• Attention to Detail
• Physical Dexterity
• Time Management
• High school diploma or GED or equivalent
• Current driver’s license
• Good driving record
• Ability to interact with people from different backgrounds
• Able to handle stressful situations calmly